• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Marvel #25 Club

45 posts in this topic

Finally a club I can join here. Got this the other day to fill in some holes in my CM collection.

Nicely centered copy! Not a big fan of miswraps, which seem common with this book.

Thanks, it was one of these reasons I got this one. Only thing that bothers me is the writing on the cover. Not even sure what the writing means, it doesn't look like a date.

Finally a club I can join here. Got this the other day to fill in some holes in my CM collection.

Nicely centered copy! Not a big fan of miswraps, which seem common with this book.

Thanks, it was one of these reasons I got this one. Only thing that bothers me is the writing on the cover. Not even sure what the writing means, it doesn't look like a date.

I recall a weird number system that looked exactly like that representing some sort of collection or pedigree status in Golden or Silver Age forums. Maybe someone else on the boards know a bit more about it and can help.

I recall a weird number system that looked exactly like that representing some sort of collection or pedigree status in Golden or Silver Age forums. Maybe someone else on the boards know a bit more about it and can help.

Thanks, I'll have to look into that.

From 'Thanos of Titan'

=========

"Captain Marvel #25- Through his robot's findings, and then by Captain Marvel's own admission, Thanos discovers that Captain Marvel has lost half his power. Thanos wants that power. Thanos' thralls Skragg and Super Skrull manage to knock out Captain Marvel who turns back into Rick Jones. They contact Thanos and tell him that Cap's powers are lower because he converts sunlight into power and it is currently night. Skragg brags on and on. Rick was playing possum and transforms into Marvel. Since it is now daytime Captain Marvel is at full strength. While fighting the Super Skrull the building they are in collapses and the skrulls get away."

=========

It's true. I just re-read issues 25 & 26.

In issue 25, you'll see Thanos' arm, leg & mouth in 3 sequential panels on the bottom of page 3.

Then you'll see part of him again on page 9, in the top left & middle panels.

Never a full reveal in #25, as he is only partially shown on 5 total panels.

In issue #26 he shows up a lot more:

Page 11, you see a shaded look at Thanos in the top panel.

Page 12, first panel, you see his left arm.

Page 15, panels 2 & 4, you see him in silhouette and the back of his head.

Page 19, panel 2, you see him from his nose to his chest in shadows.

Page 21, you see the back of him in panel 5.

Page 23, panel 3, you see him in silhouette from head to shoulders.

And FINALLY on page 26, you see Thanos in a full-page reveal as his beefy self!!!

Page 27, he appears on 4 panels, swatting the Thing like a fly.

Page 28, he appears on the 4th panel.

Hope that helps...