• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM/Thor Cover Contest Round 2

JIM Cover Contest Round 2  

165 members have voted

1. 1. JIM Cover Contest Round 2

67 posts in this topic

The only real problem I have with the cover for J.I.M. #83 is the skinny Thor. Other than that I think its a great cover. (shrug) I mean how do you know he is not facing the source of the attack [could be wave number two that is leaving the space ship] and really who cares? Complaining about balconies, really?
That's why I've never really had a problem with the design of the cover.

I've always simply assumed that there's another spaceship above, and another wave of Stone Men descending in front of Thor. So you are seeing things from the POV of a Stone Man, and then the direction in which Mjolnir is being whirled makes perfect sense.

JIM_83.jpg

There are a ton of problems with this cover, the most glaring being: Thor isn't facing the source of the attack. :eek:

Sure he is. He's facing you...and you are attacking the cover.

Indeed - that's why it was a Saga!

That said, I think the cover of JIM 83 is pretty nice and packs more of a punch that several other key first issues. Here's the original version, with the Stone Men that Stan had deleted:

[/img]

Thanks for posting this cover.

I like it, one powerful figure up against a massive onslaught of Stone Men. Thor doesn't look too bothered by the odds, totally in control. Works really well. I can understand that some might find the cover too busy and cluttered, though.

Where's this image from? The new Thor Omnibus? (I haven't got my copy yet.)

It's from Origins of Marvel Comics.

That said, I think the cover of JIM 83 is pretty nice and packs more of a punch that several other key first issues. Here's the original version, with the Stone Men that Stan had deleted:

[/img]

Where's this image from?

It's from Origins of Marvel Comics.

Late 70s when I last owned a copy of that book, so no wonder I couldn't place the image.

It looks like the kind of interesting extra that may be included in the Omnibus.