• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS #2 - Scans added!

21 posts in this topic

I recently bought this Avengers #2. Seller did say it had some issues on the back cover, but I dont know what it is if I go to resell. 3rd pic has a close up of it. It goes almost along the entire egde, Also a small spot on the front. Feels smooth to the touch, Book is Beautiful otherwise. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

this is a tough one...can it be a long tape pull on the back's edge?

I don't think its a tape pull. I've seen books like this that were in a stack for some time. When they were seperated some of the covers were stuck on the edges. Some of the paper pulled in spots and in others just the gloss seemed to be lifted off. (shrug)

DR.X

this is a tough one...can it be a long tape pull on the back's edge?

I don't think its a tape pull. I've seen books like this that were in a stack for some time. When they were seperated some of the covers were stuck on the edges. Some of the paper pulled in spots and in others just the gloss seemed to be lifted off. (shrug)

DR.X

Thanks DR - Thats sounds very reasonable for this!

The right side looks trimmed to me.

Yikes... Good eye.

Trimming seems like a strong possibility to me, between the wonky look of the URC and the possible motive (i.e. something that had previously lifted color off the right edge).

The miscut doesn't bother me. I don't judge trimming from the cut.

In this picture, look how sharp the edge is, even going through all the edge defects.

IMG_0935.jpg

Same with this picture. See the moisture, but you can't see anything making the slightest blemish on the sharpness of the edge.

IMG_0934.jpg

Not to mention of the three sides, the right side is surprisingly crisp compared to the top and bottom.

Looks suspect to me through the scan. Tough to tell unless it's in-hand, though.

The right side looks trimmed to me.

Yikes... Good eye.

Trimming seems like a strong possibility to me, between the wonky look of the URC and the possible motive (i.e. something that had previously lifted color off the right edge).

I think all three sides were trimmed . . . who was the seller? hm

Is that rice paper added along the edge? hm hate to be a downer, but this book gives me a "not-so-cozy" feeling.

IMG_0934.jpg

Not to mention of the three sides, the right side is surprisingly crisp compared to the top and bottom.

Looks suspect to me through the scan. Tough to tell unless it's in-hand, though.

Is that rice paper added along the edge? hm hate to be a downer, but this book gives me a "not-so-cozy" feeling.

IMG_0934.jpg

The cover looks like its frayed in the pic, but its smooth.

I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about resto but 'rice paper' popped in my head too from the fibers in the paper shown in that picture.

Trimming? I can't tell.

The cut of the front and the back cover look identical to me but that isn't saying much.

As for the overall look of the book- it's looks fantastic! :)