• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 21* Results

75 posts in this topic

Nik-Grading-contest.jpg

2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest: Round 21 Results

X-Men #94 - 8/75 Marvel Comics OFF-WHITE pages.

Actual Grade: CGC 9.0

th_Round21-xmen94CGC.jpg th_Round21-xmen94_back_cover.jpg th_Round21-xmen94_front_cover.jpg

Round 21 Grade Breakdowns

Round21-GradeBreakDown.png

2010 Grading Contest: Round 21 Results - By Place

Round21-Results.png

Round 21 Commentary

No commentary right now but I invite you to write your own!

(Colors may look off as I'm using an older version of Excel on a tiny notebook.)

Round 21 Commentary

No commentary right now but I invite you to write your own!

AJD nails another one to maintain a sniff at a top ten place...

... and continues to kick himself for taking a punt on 9.9 a few rounds back. :makepoint:

I truly thought there was a sub crease on the back cover,the lower right corner of the front cover looks to be completely rounded.My 8.5 needs to be regraded because it's much prettier than this pile. :frustrated:

I agree 100%.

My 9.0 copy blows this one out of the water.

I will certainly re-sub it now.

By the way, I went with 8.5 on this one even thought I knew they way these books have been getting great grades it would be a 9.0 or even shudder, a 9.2.

I am mad about the 9.0 grade but would have blown a gasket if it had come back 9.2.

Damn, that lower right corner looked way too round for a 9

I thought the corner was chewed or chipped. Must have been a scanner illusion and/or mental malfunction on my part. :frustrated:

No front and back show the same damage,if this was my book raw I would grade it a 6.5

I thought the corner was chewed or chipped. Must have been a scanner illusion and/or mental malfunction on my part. :frustrated:

No front and back show the same damage,if this was my book raw I would grade it a 6.5

Yep, I am in the boat with you guys...I also blew this one I said 7.0. Shocked it got a 9.0....but more shocking is that so many people said it was a 9.0... :o

Yep, I am in the boat with you guys...I also blew this one I said 7.0. Shocked it got a 9.0....but more shocking is that so many people said it was a 9.0... :o

I guess thats the difference from the people who actually look at the book and the data miners,because nobody in their right mind would buy this book as a 9.0 raw. :eyeroll:

I thought I went out on a limb and said CGC called it 9.0. Evidently it was a thick limb as 32 others went with that too.

Hey Oakman, I too thought for awhile that the back showed a subscription crease . But after not finding much other evidence of it in other obvious spots I had to think it was just color rub in that area (But it made it look like a sub crease). I was thinking if it turned out that it was a sub crease it was going to grade in the 6.5 to 7 range and I was going to get a -1. I lucked out on this one.

I thought I went out on a limb and said CGC called it 9.0. Evidently it was a thick limb as 32 others went with that too.

Hey Oakman, I too thought for awhile that the back showed a subscription crease . But after not finding much other evidence of it in other obvious spots I had to think it was just color rub in that area (But it made it look like a sub crease). I was thinking if it turned out that it was a sub crease it was going to grade in the 6.5 to 7 range and I was going to get a -1. I lucked out on this one.

I just find it extremely coincidental that 32 people had graded this book a 9.0 Bullseye! (thumbs u and that people are getting bullseyes 5 and 6 in a row? JC can be a little extreme at times,but I really am with him on this one. meh