• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redhook exposes CGG's LIE!!!

76 posts in this topic

Oh come on, as long as we're pulling covers you might as well name names. Let's make it a blood bath! 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif ... just get out your Strunk and White and follow the bad grammar... 27_laughing.gif

Someone else called certain members "CGG lapdogs." Funny, I though Gman, Smoking and others were trying to be FAIR and OBJECTIVE. Or are you automatically a CGG lapdog if you are NOT a CGC lapdog? tonofbricks.gif

Correct. Which is what I explained in my (many!) posts on this matter--that I am genuinely concerned, that I recognize the reasons for the crticial discussion, and that I have applauded CGG's work on my own modern books--and yet I even replied to Daniel myself BEFORE posting his explanation that I found his explanation to be astonishing like tossing a grenade into the forums.

Thankfully, I've had quite a few people write positive comments to me in public, thanking me for trying to remain level-headed and objective. That's how I've attempted to act.

The scans trouble me. I can agree that even a blurry scan still would have some value in demonstrating the presence (absence?) of a trimmed edge, but I'm troubled by the appearance of additional line art details above the trimline in the "post" scan. A trim can make art details go away, but I don't see how it can make lines and colors emerge where they had not previously been. My objective conclusion is that this is either damning or a result of jpeg artifacts from image conversion and resizing.

I would readily forgive an "oops!" of missing such a tiny, tiny hairline strip of paper being trimmed away (and equally amazed at CGC's ability, or claim thereof, to detect that vanished piece), more easily than I can soothe myself about impropriety.

Mr. David King. Pasting my post above was regarding a seperate matter regarding CGG entirely. It was specifically referring to the accusation of a trim job and overgrading on this one single issue of ASM #122. Those comments have nothing to do with this "scan controvesy". I am not a scan expert have have made zero comments about the authenticity of this scan in question. I do not support CGG on all matters, nor do I support CGC in all matters. I just call out the Lynch Mob mentality when I see it. Nothing more and no hidden agendas or games. It is really pathetic to me to see accusations of all kinds thrown about on these threads all the time. Not by everybody, but it seems by most. Maybe it is the anal-retentive nature of most comic collectors. Maybe it is out of revenge for some unrelated comic deal gone bad. I don't know. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ------Sid

Mr. David King. Pasting my post above was regarding a seperate matter regarding CGG entirely. It was specifically referring to the accusation of a trim job and overgrading on this one single issue of ASM #122. Those comments have nothing to do with this "scan controvesy". I am not a scan expert have have made zero comments about the authenticity of this scan in question. I do not support CGG on all matters, nor do I support CGC in all matters. I just call out the Lynch Mob mentality when I see it. Nothing more and no hidden agendas or games. It is really pathetic to me to see accusations of all kinds thrown about on these threads all the time. Not by everybody, but it seems by most. Maybe it is the anal-retentive nature of most comic collectors. Maybe it is out of revenge for some unrelated comic deal gone bad. I don't know. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ------Sid

Ah I am not part of the lynch mob mentality of CGG I would love to see a grading company that did give a better bar for both sides (CGC and us the customers) its just not them.I just read your post today as I was reading about the scan deal of CGG.I just picked a number and started reading it and this had it in there.No big deal.It was just a quote that I read today when all this went down! If offended in any way I must say Sorry, as I am not in the business of apoligizing to a grading company when they have stumbled out the gate the way they have!

Davidking623

In response to davidking623's post

First off, I am still delving through all this past threads topics, and I have yet to make any clear assesment.

But I was under the impression this last 2 threads were about doctoring scans, and not under/overgrading?

And also I can say without a doubt that if and when a company really does seriously compete with what CGC has to offer, that the board members here no matter how loyal to CGC will look at both companies and weigh their options.

But as it stands now CGC is top dog for a reason, are they without fault? nope.Do they make mistakes>? YUP

Do I agree with CGC everytime? NOPE

But from what I have gleened from all my readings here, and buying /selling of CGC comics on my own, they are without a doubt .. HONEST , through and through.

And that seems to go along way with board members.

So true, a witch hunt to burn CGG at the stake might seem a bit rash..BUT

I have read countless past threads/ posts bashing CGC here on the boards and I didnt hear anyone crying for us to stop and apoligze to them becasue it might hurt their business.

Cmon, the truth normally always comes out here in the end, so for me personally the verdict on this is still out..

I hope to hear fromBOTH sides making their case about this issue.And see where the chips fall.

Zeman

I could never take the time to go thru all the posts of CGG threads, to much reading I would rather read a few comics.Good luck!

Davidking623

......adds up to......

Shock and Awe!

By the way, let me please add my name to the list of folks who would never consider Smokinghawk anything but a straight-up dude. Anyone that could produce the cool comic strips he has, has to be all right!

I NOTICED THAT YOU SCANNED THE BLUE LABEL BUT NOT THE SCAN OF THE BOOK, I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DID NOT SCAN THE COMIC THAT IS WHERE THE TRUTH LIES. HERE IS A THOUGHT WHAT HAPPENS IF I SCAN A BLUE LABEL AND THEN COLOR TOUCH UP A COMIC, I THEN PROCEED TO SEND THE BOOK IN TO CGC OR CGG AND IT COMES BACK WITH A RESTORED LABEL. I AM NOT CALLING ANYBODY A LIAR BUT ITS LIKE EVINDECE WE NEEDED TO SEE THE COMIC NOT A LABEL, WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO THAT TO A CGC SCAN THE LABEL , THEN COLOR TOUCH IT AND IT COMES BACK RESTORED DOES EVERYBODY AGREE WITH ME OR WOULD YOU WANT MORE SOLID PROOF.

IN ORDER TO CONVICT WE NEED TO SEE THE BOOK, NO BOOK NO PROOF.

I NOTICED THAT YOU SCANNED THE BLUE LABEL BUT NOT THE SCAN OF THE BOOK, I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DID NOT SCAN THE COMIC THAT IS WHERE THE TRUTH LIES. HERE IS A THOUGHT WHAT HAPPENS IF I SCAN A BLUE LABEL AND THEN COLOR TOUCH UP A COMIC, I THEN PROCEED TO SEND THE BOOK IN TO CGC OR CGG AND IT COMES BACK WITH A RESTORED LABEL. I AM NOT CALLING ANYBODY A LIAR BUT ITS LIKE EVINDECE WE NEEDED TO SEE THE COMIC NOT A LABEL, WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO THAT TO A CGC SCAN THE LABEL , THEN COLOR TOUCH IT AND IT COMES BACK RESTORED DOES EVERYBODY AGREE WITH ME OR WOULD YOU WANT MORE SOLID PROOF.

IN ORDER TO CONVICT WE NEED TO SEE THE BOOK, NO BOOK NO PROOF.

hi.gif

I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE SCANS OF THE COMIC BOOKS. I LOOKED AT THEM FOR AWHILE AND I NOTICED SOMETHING VERY INTERESTING, IF YOU LOOK AT THE SPINE OF THE CGG SCAN THE SPINE IS THICKER, THEN LOOK AT THE SPINE OF THE CGC IT IS MUCH THINNER AND SMALLER THESE 2 SCANS LOOK LIKE 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT BOOKS THE SPINES DONT MATCH UP.

I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE SCANS OF THE COMIC BOOKS. I LOOKED AT THEM FOR AWHILE AND I NOTICED SOMETHING VERY INTERESTING, IF YOU LOOK AT THE SPINE OF THE CGG SCAN THE SPINE IS THICKER, THEN LOOK AT THE SPINE OF THE CGC IT IS MUCH THINNER AND SMALLER THESE 2 SCANS LOOK LIKE 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT BOOKS THE SPINES DONT MATCH UP.

No kidding. Like Redhook has already stated previously: "Also, I note the wrap of the CGC slabbed copy and that of the CGG submitted scan, are entirely different, with much more white space area visible in sample C." Thus, it appears as though CGG supplied a doctored scan of a different comic trying to pass it off as the one graded by CGC. Not very smart. 893naughty-thumb.gif

ANSWER ME ONE QUESTION IF WE NEVER SAW THE BOOK IN THE CGG HOLDER THEN HOW COME WE ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE ANYBODYS WORD.

CAN SOMEBODY BRING FOWARD THE SCAN FROM CGG IF NOBODY HAS THE SCAN THEN WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE REDHOOK OR ANYBODY.

DONT DANCE AROUND THIS QUESTION DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SCAN OF THE COMIC IN A HOLDER FROM CGG, IF YOU DONT HAVE A SCAN THEN TELL ME WHY I SHOULD BELIEVE ANY OF THIS.