• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herb Trimpe sketch cover comission question

11 posts in this topic

I know Herb does sketch covers. I have an idea for one that I would love to get done. Does he only do sketch covers at shows or does he do commissions too? Does he have a rep or does anyone know how I can try to arrange for a sketch cover commission either directly or at the Pittsburgh ComiCon - which I think is his next scheduled appearance?

I would really appreciate any help. PMs are fine.

I would wager that he only sketches at shows but he used to take commissions on his website. He is about as nice a guy as you could hope to talk to, so don't be shy about approaching him. I would also recommend not asking for a Hulk #181 cover re-creation as last time I saw him he said he was tired of doing them.

Herb is so cool. And he is pretty fast at cons. I would say that if you got there early enough, you could get a pretty sweet sketch cover done. He normally does pretty simple full figure with no background sketches that are sweet. I am sure that he would discuss a more detailed convention "commission" with you.

I am not aware that he has an art rep, but one of these other guys might know for sure.

--Sean.

He is very accessable, he has done a two comissions for me and has sent me multiple postcards with headsketches....there is truth on the H181 thing though..I think.he prefers to draw the Hulk...but i couldn't help it and get me a mini H181 pose on my Mexican Hulk 180..Trimpe is a total gentleman.

To be clear, he didn't seem to have a problem drawing Wolverine, it was the full blown re-creation that he said he was tired of doing. He said he had done it 6 or 7 times and was tired of doing that particular cover and didn't think he wouldn't do it again.

A few years ago, I happened on his email and asked him he would be willing to do a little 8"x11" sketch. I emailed Herb for a Wolverine sketch (in my CAF) which is probably on par with some of his nicer convention sketches. He was EXTREMELY reasonable in his pricing and had it sent to me in only a few short weeks (2-3). I really don't think you'd run into a problem and if you need his email, let me know and I'll pass it along.

:foryou: