• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most annoying lowball offer you've received on a book?

80 posts in this topic

Not sure about "lowballs" but I once was offered a "hairy ball" by a fellow collector that I graciously turned down. Im sure he knows who he is ...

If you've graciously turned down his offer, then what are you doing walking around carrying your hairy ball sack?

oh boy,that one is funny too.... lol

Not sure about "lowballs" but I once was offered a "hairy ball" by a fellow collector that I graciously turned down. Im sure he knows who he is ...

If you've graciously turned down his offer, then what are you doing walking around carrying your hairy ball sack?

oh boy,that one is funny too.... lol

Yeah, knee-slapper. Say goodnight, Gracie.

A boardie once offered me $150 for an Avengers 1 that I was asking $250.00 for and he even tried to tell me it was a lesser grade than I had posted. :screwy:

Other than that, I really haven't been lowballed.

Does his board ID begin with D? hm

I had a very famous dealer try to talk down the price on my AF #15 CGC 6.5 (Universal label) by trying to convince me that it's trimmed.

meh

:o Very famous dealer? That doesn't bode well for the hobby when someone like that would be trying to scam someone out of a book of that caliber! Wonder who it was? hm

In all honesty, if Roy doesn't want to post who it was, I can understand that. I don't know if I qualify or not as a famous dealer, but I would appreciate if he would tell who it wasn't.

hm If I remember correctly there was a thread about this where the dealer was outed. I seem to recall this was a book Roy had listed on eBay.

I tend to get a lot of low ball offers. I actually don't mind them most of the time and accept a good number of them.

However, I did get one about a year ago from a boardie that was for like .10 cents on the dollar for all the books in my thread. That one got under my skin.

Receiving a lowball offer doesn't bother me, I'll just say no if it's too low. It's just the way it's offered that might annoy me.

A boardie once offered me $150 for an Avengers 1 that I was asking $250.00 for and he even tried to tell me it was a lesser grade than I had posted. :screwy:

Other than that, I really haven't been lowballed.

You don't know what you've been missing.

The freedom of them as they swing free

I had a very famous dealer try to talk down the price on my AF #15 CGC 6.5 (Universal label) by trying to convince me that it's trimmed.

meh

:o Very famous dealer? That doesn't bode well for the hobby when someone like that would be trying to scam someone out of a book of that caliber! Wonder who it was? hm

In all honesty, if Roy doesn't want to post who it was, I can understand that. I don't know if I qualify or not as a famous dealer, but I would appreciate if he would tell who it wasn't.

hm If I remember correctly there was a thread about this where the dealer was outed. I seem to recall this was a book Roy had listed on eBay.

It was Gerry Ross. He did something similar to Bob Storms around the same time.

(thumbs u

G-MAN

+ More than likely

So for those who seem to get truly insulted by such things, who here has had the cajones to confront him directly rather than griping about him publicly like this?

:hi:

Receiving a lowball offer doesn't bother me, I'll just say no if it's too low. It's just the way it's offered that might annoy me.

Ditto. I get lots of $100, $1000, $10,000 offers on books that would sell with an extra zero on them. I generally decline politely unless someone gets testy or if I feel they are being dishonest (maybe disingenuous is a better word) and then I'll put on my snarky hat.

lol

meh

(thumbs u

uhhh, if that is correct, then the word you are searching for is INfamous, not famous

meh

(thumbs u

uhhh, if that is correct, then the word you are searching for is INfamous, not famous

Yes, that too.

I generally decline politely unless someone gets testy or if I feel they are being dishonest (maybe disingenuous is a better word) and then I'll put on my snarky hat.

lol

And cape too!

roy-thor.jpg

:baiting:

His hammer is flaccid.