• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone give info on the Boston pedigree?

28 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif yeah, but at least he had the moral high ground. stooges.gif

Hey, I knew I would get a beating for that, but so did Jesus. Look at what he went through to get his message across.

Thanks Supa.

blue,

The Bostons are amazing, super page quality books. I bought a ton from Bechara (Marvels, ACGs & Gold Keys). The average grade on a SA Boston is 9.4 with

0w to w pages. I also bought some from Vincent Zurzolo before the pedigree name of Boston was initiated by Mr. Maalouf.

Of note, most of the early issues have not yet been sold by the original owner. For instance, the ASM's started at 27/28, the FF's at 41, the DDs at 9, the Sgt. Fury's at 20, etc. I believe he has (had) full runs of every major Marvel (and DC) title, some in multiple copies (like TOS 74 & 98- over 5 copies). I believe he's still holding on to these early issues.

Some of the books graded really high (like the 3 FFs I used to own but traded to

Brulato before CGC - 50 9.8; 52 9.8 & 66 9.8 OUCH!!!). The ASM's in the 30's were all 9.6. Plus, the Gold Keys I bought were killer. 9.4s & 9.6s. Overall, an awesome collection which I would rank 3rd or 4th behind the Pacific Coasts & Curators.

mostly mid 60s though guy claimed he had GA...

He may have more but it is not great stuff.

When I last talked to Bechara specifically about the Boston books he said he was still getting new stuff.

mostly mid 60s though guy claimed he had GA...

He may have more but it is not great stuff.

When I last talked to Bechara specifically about the Boston books he said he was still getting new stuff.

Uh- huh,....you know how you can tell if if Bechara is bullchitting?.......his lips are moving....