• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

27 posts in this topic

:news: X-Men #1 has been added to the end of this thread.

Hi Everyone,

I have a few very nice Neal Adam's X-Men books to put up for sale. One of them a pedigree book. So, let's get on with it!!

Shipping in the USA is $9 for up to 3 books priority mail. International mail will be actual cost. MO or Paypal accepted. Checks upon approval. No sales to persons on probation list. Usual rules apply.

First up, is X-Men #59 CGC 9.0 $135 . I need to note that there is a small (1 inch long) crack in the bottom, back right corner of the case. Not easily visible from the front. Inner holder / comic is not affected.

xm59_90.jpg

:news:SOLD

Here is my X-Men #1 in CGC 6.0. Note that the page quality is OW / White - very good for this age and grade. The book presents extremely well in it's grade with bright colors and gloss. Also note the lack of oxidation shadow common even on higher graded copies of this issue. While the shadow doesn't bring the grade down significantly, it does make a book less attractive, and this cover's white area is white. What holds the book back from being a higher grade is the bottom right corner.

I'm offering it to board members for $3400 + shipping + optional (highly recommended) insurance. There have been two recent sales at $3500 (one C'Link, one recorded on GPA) for X-Men #1 CGC 6.0. This book, in this grade, has been rising about 9-10% per year in value since 2002.

xm1_normal.jpg

Someone PM'd me about a GPA sale on Ebay for $2800 for a CGC 6.0. I checked it out and it was from a (0) feedback seller!! I can tell you a story about a great deal I got on a book from a (0) feedback seller. Too bad the deal didn't actually come with a comic book. :cry:

Sorry for the :makepoint: , but I hate it when the data gets polluted.

Someone PM'd me about a GPA sale on Ebay for $2800 for a CGC 6.0. I checked it out and it was from a (0) feedback seller!! I can tell you a story about a great deal I got on a book from a (0) feedback seller. Too bad the deal didn't actually come with a comic book. :cry:

Sorry for the :makepoint: , but I hate it when the data gets polluted.

:gossip: I sold a 6.0 on CLINK about a month ago for $3500 that is not even in GPA.

THAT 6.0 is a nice book!!!

If I didn't have one already, I would buy that in a heartbeat! I can't believe that hasn't sold yet!

Is that your undercopy or do you already have a replacement lined up?

If I didn't have one already, I would buy that in a heartbeat! I can't believe that hasn't sold yet!

Hey sufunk, see this thread, make sure to scroll down 7.0 X-men hehe.

Yes, I bought the 7.0 from r1970d 's sales thread.

It took a long time to find the right higher grade book to buy as so many had a defect that turned me off. For example, on C'Link there's a book with CR/OW pages and another with a badly angled mis-cut. Heritage has a 7.0 coming up on auction that is pretty nice (I was going to bid on it), but not as nice as Roy's. When Roy's book came along, I knew that it was "the one." :luhv: I'm not usually quite so picky (just a little picky), but this is my grail we're talking about - I wasn't going to settle.