• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Decent price?

48 posts in this topic

"getting a 9.4 copy for $130 is not realistic. Possibly in the future it will be. "

For that to happen, the market would had to have edured a VERY serious crash. Even if a lot more NM/NM+ books showed up, I don't see this happening for a key Spidey, unless the whole market was screwed anyway.

Those other collectible markets had one less major factor at the time certification came into the picture--there was no Internet or E-Bay back then. Usually collectibles are first come, first serve in a store, at a convention, or via mail order; but with E-Bay, collectors from around the world are in one space competing over material and driving price up. Even without CGC having come onto the scene, I suspect prices would have risen at a more rapid clip than they did prior to E-Bay becoming such a popular place to sell comics.

Are there any coin or card collectors reading who can say what effect the Internet has had on prices?

ASM # 135 is a great book to own, and the black on the cover, could possibly make it tougher to find raw in NM grade. Because of the common overgrading problem among eBay sellers, I decided it wouldn't be worth the money to try and get the book raw. I found a copy of ASM # 135 offered at Heritage, but the cover was not centered very well, and distributer's ink overspray is visible on the "white" of the overcentered margin. I cannot remember what the grade is, I sure it is either the same grade as mine, or slightly higher, but in either case, mine has greater eye appeal.

Check out this insanity on an Amazing Spider-Man 129 CGC NM 9.4 Is the Punisher making a comeback?

Nope, that's about right for an ASM #129 CGC 9.4. They've gone for as much as $750. But for my investment dollar I'd rather shell out for a 9.6.

hey MOS, you certainly have got the cgc bug now. grin.gif

by the way i don't here any mention of buying cgc books in your recent post in the 'advice for new collectors' thread blush.gif you better put something in before arch pulls the plug grin.gif

seriously though, kudos to you for that post, very informative for those new to the hobby/ebay and some great links in there, nice work grin.gif

seriously though, kudos to you for that post, very informative for those new to the hobby/ebay and some great links in there, nice work

Thank you for the kind words, it was truely a labor of love. wink.gif Maybe I'll update it with "A Beginners Slabbed Book buying guide" or something like that. I think I should add to the OverStreet Price Guide recommendation with more info about the book, and maybe briefly mention Wizard (and how speculative the new book prices are and how comic shops abuse it), and CBG w/links to both of their homepages. Any thoughts?

Hey Murph no offence to you but that is an ugly book !! off center!! grin.gif

I looked at your recent negs and I can't but wonder why you just did not refund this guys money total $30.00 to save you the negs?? For a rich guy like you it should not have been a problem confused.gif

But you would propbably say( "It was the principal") smirk.gif

Hey Murph no offence to you but that is an ugly book !! off center!! grin.gif

I looked at your recent negs and I can't but wonder why you just did not refund this guys money total $30.00 to save you the negs?? For a rich guy like you it should not have been a problem confused.gif

But you would propbably say( "It was the principal") smirk.gif

Way to answer your own question. If I hadn't told him prior to me shipping that if he doesn't insure the book, I can't do anything once they leave my hands. I did attempt to find them for him, and I think it's a bit ridiculous his feedback..considering I even provided a scan of the receipt showing them sent..but whatever. I try not to sell much b/c it annoys me, but sometimes I just have too much junk. Anyways, the book is at least nicer then that Batman book of yours. :\

Brian