• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artists Assemble #01 - Time to VOTE!

77 posts in this topic

I liked Billy The Kidd's, such a great homage to the Coppertone ad (nice double suns, too), rtarturo's, Svord's (very clever use of other cartoon references) and S-Man's.

I find it interesting that there were multiple depictions of kitchens, gambling, and drinks being snatched, all with no collaboration. Clothes was fairly obvious, but the others not so much.

Fascinating.

I know one thing: it takes a lot of guts to enter along with some of the (so good, they've been PUBLISHED...in real, live comics, no less!) artists that grace these boards. :luhv:

I can't draw for shiznit, but I hope I can make up for it in theme.

It would have been interesting to have made the first one secret...

Nice work everyone :applause: Obviously I can't draw but I wanted to join in just for the fun of it!

Special mentions

Billy the Kidd for good GGA and Yoda in bathing shorts.

DiceX for polished style and nice original idea.

Doctor Svord for being different.

Liaton-9000 for roboyoda.

RMA for details. Is that "I can't believe it's not Bantha"? lol

Darth Corgi, GL1, Hibou, KingofRulers, rtarturo and Shadow for obvious skills.

and to Shiverbones, who won my vote by a whisker :applause:

And everyone who dared take part :applause: Obviously my own entry had the least artistic merit, so thanks whoever gave me the sympathy votes!

I liked Billy The Kidd's, such a great homage to the Coppertone ad (nice double suns, too), rtarturo's, Svord's (very clever use of other cartoon references) and S-Man's.

I find it interesting that there were multiple depictions of kitchens, gambling, and drinks being snatched, all with no collaboration. Clothes was fairly obvious, but the others not so much.

Fascinating.

Thanks man. I didn't know if it would make sense to anyone. (It makes sense to me, but that's not exactly the measuring stick for sense making.) It's not a Pro-Star Wars image.

Truly outstanding work everyone. These are too much fun.

I can't wait to see what round 2 has in store for us.

Power Girl eating an apple? :wishluck:

I really liked yours too Doc, I'd love to see it in stained glass, t's a shame Kenny doesn't do that anymore. :)

Thanks brother.

Good eye on the stained glass, that was the original intent but making that happen in Photoshop shop for a color thumb was too much like work. It'll probably be a painting.

I dug tours too man. Great 900 year old Johnson gag.

Switching gears: When do the new Wacky Packs hit?

This was fun to participate in! So when is the next one going on?

All of these were awesome!

But there a few that I am glad got the votes

because they were slamming...

I took illustration, color craft and concept into mind when I voted...

3rd best was: Darth Corgi (illustration was smoking hot and the colored pencils are very tight)

2nd best was: Billy The Kidd (illustration was tight, color was cool and love the concept)

1st prize: shiverbones (you can tell shiv is a pro! All techniques are very strong! Mastering the

Marker is A LOT harder than it looks and needless to say this is Hilarious!)

GREAT WORK!

:applause::applause::applause: