• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artists Assemble #01 - Time to VOTE!

77 posts in this topic

Christians' was technically beautiful. If I were going to buy one, that would be it.

Billy the Kid’s was right behind Christian’s in that respect. Chewie in particular is fantastic.

I voted for Shiverbones’ piece. It was nicely rendered & very funny. The most clever of all.

DiceX wins though. He is the top Boards poster at the moment.

Thanks for the kudos. The number of contributions and support was incredible and far outreached what I expected. You folks really stepped up. (worship)

I don't want to do these so often that they lose their magic, so I'm going to have to find a good balance and any suggestions are appreciated. To some a week is a long time to wait, but I think we need about that much time to give as many people as possible a chance to contribute.

Changes I will make to Artists Assemble #02 will be the opportunity to vote for multiple pieces. It will obviously depend on the number of submissions, but I'd like to give everyone a chance to vote for up to 3 pieces of artwork. I found it very hard to pick a single favorite from the first round, and I know it was for everyone else.

That said, I'll be posting the assignment for AA #02 later tonight, so sharpen those pencils!

cheesecake.jpg:gossip:

Maybe different voted for technique and concept would be good if not too hard to keep straight the hardest thing for my vote was deciding between the two. Maybe then a third for total package. am i making it too complex?

Thanks so much for doing this dicey so much fun , i am probably going to have to skip the next one because of travel but i can't wait to see and vote on the other contributions!

@ docsvord- i have 200 sketch cards in the wacky packages old school 2 set coming out next week i am very excited to be part of that because two of the other artists doing it are jay lynch and bill griffith. The next set i have jokes and paintings in won't be unti later spring though.

Shiverbones is definitely my favorite. Billy the Kidd, Shadow and Darth Korgi are tops as well. Just to have my drawing in there with these "pros" is a thrill.

Thanks again Dice for a great idea to give Comics General a shot in the arm. :applause:

And Shiverbones. . .PM me and I'll give you the address where to mail the original art. . .

:takeit::grin:

Maybe different voted for technique and concept would be good if not too hard to keep straight the hardest thing for my vote was deciding between the two. Maybe then a third for total package. am i making it too complex?

Thanks so much for doing this dicey so much fun , i am probably going to have to skip the next one because of travel but i can't wait to see and vote on the other contributions!

@ docsvord- i have 200 sketch cards in the wacky packages old school 2 set coming out next week i am very excited to be part of that because two of the other artists doing it are jay lynch and bill griffith. The next set i have jokes and paintings in won't be unti later spring though.

Is that Jay Lynch of Bazooka bubblegum comics fame? That guy is a trip...as in trippy, but very nice.

This was an AWESOME idea for a thread! :idea:

I was SHOCKED at how many incredibly talented people there are on these boards! Everyone did great work on their submissions. It was extremely difficult for vot for just one. :ohnoez:

I can't wait to see the next round! :whee:

I voted for Shiverbones. There were some very good ones and I was impressed with some of different styles. Very intriguing concepts!

I'm sitting here in Greenville, SC typing away in my hotel room. It's been a long day of hosting people at our corporate HQ and then catching a flight to Charlotte followed by a drive to Greenville.

I voted for Shiverbones. There were some very good ones and I was impressed with some of different styles. Very intriguing concepts!

I'm sitting here in Greenville, SC typing away in my hotel room. It's been a long day of hosting people at our corporate HQ and then catching a flight to Charlotte followed by a drive to Greenville.

I've been to Greenville! :)