• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Hierarchy Poll - 25th to 28th

25th to 28th  

243 members have voted

1. 1. 25th to 28th

45 posts in this topic

All,

thanks for the continuing strong vote participation. More than 77 people participated in the previous round.

The last round determined the following placings:

29th ASM #3

30th Flash #123

31st ASM #50

As B&B #34 and OAAW #83 were both tied at 27th with 25 votes apiece they have both been carried forward to this poll.

This poll will hopefully determine the placings for 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th.

You have 4 votes accordingly.

As with the last poll please vote for the least important books.

GL #1--no significant first appearance

JLA #1--no significant first appearance

Detective #225--shouldn`t have even been in this poll because it`s not a SA book

Sgt. Fury #1--the least significant left after the above 3

Detective #225--shouldn`t have even been in this poll because it`s not a SA book

There has been many a debate on these forums re the start of the SA.

Book was initially included to see whether the SA forum views the SA as beginning with Showcase #4 or Tec #225.

I agree with Tec 225 and JLA 1.

but went with Flash 105 for similar reasons to JLA 1 and your GL 1, which I keep forgetting to vote for)

but no way Sgt Fury gets this early a boot.

but went with Flash 105 for similar reasons to JLA 1 and your GL 1, which I keep forgetting to vote for)

Flash 105 has significance because it`s the first time a SA character gets his own title. It doesn`t seem like a big deal now, but it was a big deal back then. So it`s not quite the same as the GL 1`s, JLA 1`s and ASM 1`s of the world, which were simply following a trail that Flash 105 had already blazed.

I personally love Sgt Fury, and it was the last Marvel title that I collected. But in the Marvel pantheon, he`s pretty low in the pecking order. He should definitely go out before OOAW 83.

I would still vote B&B #34 as less significant than GL #1 or JLA #1, Tim, since the Hawkman is a relatively insignificant character.

GL #1 - 1st Guardians of the Galaxy, who are much more important to the DCU than a 3rd tier hero.

JLA #1 - while less important still has the 1st Despero, who is actually a decently cool villain IMHO.

As great as those Kubert issues are, Hawkman has not been a major player for decades now.

That being said, they are all relatively weak.

Flash 105 has significance because it`s the first time a SA character gets his own title. It doesn`t seem like a big deal now, but it was a big deal back then. So it`s not quite the same as the GL 1`s, JLA 1`s and ASM 1`s of the world, which were simply following a trail that Flash 105 had already blazed.

I personally love Sgt Fury, and it was the last Marvel title that I collected. But in the Marvel pantheon, he`s pretty low in the pecking order. He should definitely go out before OOAW 83.

Flash 105 also was the first appearance of Mirror Master which is either 1 or 1A in the rogues gallery.

I picked the same four, I think the next round will be tougher. 2c

I did the same thing!

I meant to ding GL 1 but missed it. I hope it doesn't survive because of two errors.

ASM 1 should get dinged for the same reason, but Marvel Zombism and the FF crossover will probably keep it hanging on to the bitter end.

Jack

Self proclaimed Marvel Zombie here but just wanted to chime in and say that Flash #123 should still be in this running. That was a BIG book over the past few decades.

Fun threads, George. Thanks for putting on a great show!