• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artists Assemble #02 - Assignment

43 posts in this topic

Artists and Artist Wanabes, start your pencils. It's time to *draw* some attention to yourself. haha... :eyeroll:

The rules of this game are simple. Use the directions for the subject and medium for this contest and tap your creative juices.

If you want to enter, just make sure you get your picture emailed to me by the deadline and sit back and wait for the fun.

I ask that you please do not share your picture with anyone on the forum until they are all unveiled at once.

The more interest and participation, the more fun this will become, so please don't be shy.

Creativity and execution will often triumph over artistic skill.

I do ask that your drawing be original. Do not copy another artist's work.

For anyone that may have missed the concept and basic rules, please see this thread.

It's time for cheesecake! :cloud9:

Let's keep it tasteful, you perverts. lol

#########################################################################

Assignment #2: Redesign Wonder Woman's costume. Can be a new look to the classic, or a complete redesign.

Medium: Color

Deadline: Feb 21st (Monday) at 8pm Eastern

#########################################################################

Anyone interested in entering, please PM me for my email address.

I look forward to seeing the results. :applause:

:news:

Beginning this round, the voting poll will have a time limit and at the end, the winner will choose the assignment for the next contest.

Also beginning this round, the contests will only be every two weeks.

Don't sell yourselves short. If I'm reading this correctly it's a design project.

If you look at Fashion Illustration it's about the costume, it's not about the figure. Do a Google image search for - design template female figure (no quotes) - grab one of those and go to town. If you need to jury-rig a light box, a cracked slab and a reading/clip lamp (40 watt bulb) should do the trick.

With all that said I think I might sit this one out. I got nothing,

Yeah the potential is a lot lower on this one, but maybe that's what he's aiming for, actual artists and not our drek :kidaround:

Not at all. I'm issuing a challenge. In my first post I stated that I wanted to push people out of their comfort zone from time to time. Those that accept the challenges will become better artists because of it.

Designing a costume does not require a master's level of art, it requires creativity. Grab a pencil and start sketching. See what happens. Then keep sketching and see yourself get better.

:foryou:

Yeah the potential is a lot lower on this one, but maybe that's what he's aiming for, actual artists and not our drek :kidaround:

Not at all. I'm issuing a challenge. In my first post I stated that I wanted to push people out of their comfort zone from time to time. Those that accept the challenges will become better artists because of it.

Designing a costume does not require a master's level of art, it requires creativity. Grab a pencil and start sketching. See what happens. Then keep sketching and see yourself get better.

If you want to push the envelope a little more I would suggest you label each entry without the artists name, eliminating any drive by voting by artist name and as an added bonus you might get a few drawings by those who want to exercise their talent anonymously, not expecting to win, but who can then name themselves if they win, place or show.

Even if you need to edit out artists markings on the entries it adds another level of surprise when the results are known.

As an ongoing contest a "top three get points" contest could encourage entrants to continue to participate with a year end published book and overall winner being the end result. (thumbs u

A separate semi annual "kids of forumites" contest would mesh well since so many children of posters here have inherited their parents talent and deserve special recognition and nurturing (and are the future posters of any forum that wants to continue to be vital and relevant)

As has been discussed in earlier threads over the last few years about forum art and nurturing young talent I love this this thread and its common concept that art is the touchstone of this forum and I hope is has long legs.

..& a GGA assignment soon lol

If you want to push the envelope a little more I would suggest you label each entry without the artists name, eliminating any drive by voting by artist name and as an added bonus you might get a few drawings by those who want to exercise their talent anonymously, not expecting to win, but who can then name themselves if they win, place or show.

Even if you need to edit out artists markings on the entries it adds another level of surprise when the results are known.

As an ongoing contest a "top three get points" contest could encourage entrants to continue to participate with a year end published book and overall winner being the end result. (thumbs u

A separate semi annual "kids of forumites" contest would mesh well since so many children of posters here have inherited their parents talent and deserve special recognition and nurturing (and are the future posters of any forum that wants to continue to be vital and relevant)

As has been discussed in earlier threads over the last few years about forum art and nurturing young talent I love this this thread and its common concept that art is the touchstone of this forum and I hope is has long legs.

I've already pondered anonymous entries and believe it has strengths. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts. I'll make a poll and go with what the majority thinks.

As for some type of large scale competition, it's already in the planning stage. I want to make sure this thread idea has legs before I attempt anything of that magnitude. If all goes well, I'm looking at starting it some time this summer. :gossip:

There's also something else in the works that I'll bring to the table later this week.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Feel free to add to the discussion, either here or in PM. (thumbs u

Don't sell yourselves short. If I'm reading this correctly it's a design project.

If you look at Fashion Illustration it's about the costume, it's not about the figure. Do a Google image search for - design template female figure (no quotes) - grab one of those and go to town. If you need to jury-rig a light box, a cracked slab and a reading/clip lamp (40 watt bulb) should do the trick.

:lol:

I've already pondered anonymous entries and believe it has strengths. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts. I'll make a poll and go with what the majority thinks.

As for some type of large scale competition, it's already in the planning stage. I want to make sure this thread idea has legs before I attempt anything of that magnitude. If all goes well, I'm looking at starting it some time this summer. :gossip:

There's also something else in the works that I'll bring to the table later this week.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Feel free to add to the discussion, either here or in PM. (thumbs u

The only problem with anonymous is that some folks have obvious styles, so it'd be hard to really be anonymous. My wobbily chicken scratch is pretty obvious, for example.

The only problem with anonymous is that some folks have obvious styles, so it'd be hard to really be anonymous. My wobbily chicken scratch is pretty obvious, for example.

Yeah, but there will be times where it is not as obvious as you think.

:lol:

I know... Ironic isn't it? (Or hypocritical, take your pick.)

I actually do have two ideas, but neither of them are viable.

I was trying to encourage those that do have the concepts not to worry about the form.