• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold Key 5 pack question.

11 posts in this topic

I just picked up several unopened Gold Key 5 packs from 1966 today that contain: The Green Hornet, Fantastic Voyage, Time Tunnel, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. I'm sure that its better for the comics to open the pack and bag them properly, but would these be worth more still in the Gold Key 5 for .59 cent package? Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. I removed them from the old Gold Key bags then bagged and boarded them. They are in fantastic condition and even have white pages. Thanks for the offers but, I don't think I am going to sell any of them right now.

It was an interesting collection of about 600 comics from a garage sale. Besides the Gold Key books the rest were Marvels and DC's. Not many titles but multiple copies of every book. Like 6 copies of 1-13 of "Not Brand Ecch" and multiples of early "Sgt. Fury" and "Rawhide Kids". It looked like someone worked at the store where they were originally for sale and took the entire rack home. Most look like they have never been read and had sat in the boxes I found them in for years. I think I will CGC a few of them.

Very suprised most suggested opening the bags. The books, in general, have a much higher value if left in the original bags. As bad as those old bags are, the books have sat in them for close to 40 years & are still in fantastic condition with white pages. I don't think in the next few years the bags would have self destructed & turned the books brown. Since your keeping them I guess it's not a big deal, but if you had planned to sell them, I think it was a big mistake removing them.

Very suprised most suggested opening the bags. The books, in general, have a much higher value if left in the original bags. As bad as those old bags are, the books have sat in them for close to 40 years & are still in fantastic condition with white pages. I don't think in the next few years the bags would have self destructed & turned the books brown. Since your keeping them I guess it's not a big deal, but if you had planned to sell them, I think it was a big mistake removing them.

I'm not sure the bags are as harmful as we've been lead to believe. I've lost count on how many 9.4 and above copies of various comics have surfaced that originated and were "released" from comics packs just prior to being slabbed.

Jim