• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Expo - Saturday, April 23rd

58 posts in this topic

Here is the latest update of creators and exhibitors. And remember that DWC will be accepting all CGC submission for this show.

Creators

Luis Calderon

Allen Carter/Carter Comics

Amy & Lance Sawyer Amy & Lance Sawyer

Andrew Robinson

David Wong

Dawn & Clint Wolf

Dean Yeagle

Dennis Mallonee

Drew Johnson

James Riot/Old Dying Kitty Studio

Kirk Kushin/Forcewerks

Livio Ramondelli & Eddie Nunez

Dustin Nguyen

Eric Canete

Evan Spears,

Nathaniel Osollo,

James Mitchell

Joe Rubinstein

Frank & Sons

Georges Jeanty

Joel Gomez & Beth Sotelo

Catt Staggs

Jonboy Meyers

Little Vampires/Rebecca Hicks

Mark Beachum & Zen

Mark Dos Santos

Sean Dietrich

Shane Houghton

Todd Nauck

Trent Kaniuga

Barbara Kesel, Portfolio Review

BS! (Comic Book Sundays)

Might &Fright Film Festival

Ray-Anthony Height

Shawn Crosby, Costumer's Guild West

Tone Rodriguez & Chris Moreno

Peter Nguyen

David Malki

Gavin Andazola

Patrick Scullin/Super Siblings Comics

Joe Krejci

Richard Starkings

Paul Roman Martinez

Tim Bradstreet

Mike McKone

Bernie Wrightson

Marv Wolfman

Steve Niles

Exhibitors

All Discount Comics

Amazing Comics

Angelo Dimeo

Angus Oblong

Aspen

Comic Madness

Comic Wise

Continental Comics

Conor & Crossworlds

Desert Wind Comics

Ed Robertson's Comics

FVF Comics

Golden Apple

Scrap Pictures

Terry's Comics

Tony Raiola Books

Treasures of Youth

Wise Wolf Distribution

The Guild Web Series - Shooting

Bobby Marmolejo

Just bought my ticket. Normal price is $15, which is half the price of a single day ticket to the Anaheim show. With the coupon code I had, it was 1/3 the price of the Anaheim show. :banana:

xSweetness. :applause:

Will be buying mine soon.

Just bought my ticket. Normal price is $15, which is half the price of a single day ticket to the Anaheim show. With the coupon code I had, it was 1/3 the price of the Anaheim show. :banana:

Oh man, any chance LBCC will pass on coupon codes to boardies interested in going as well?

Here is the latest update of creators and exhibitors. And remember that DWC will be accepting all CGC submission for this show.

Creators

Luis Calderon

Allen Carter/Carter Comics

Amy & Lance Sawyer Amy & Lance Sawyer

Andrew Robinson

David Wong

Dawn & Clint Wolf

Dean Yeagle

Dennis Mallonee

Drew Johnson

James Riot/Old Dying Kitty Studio

Kirk Kushin/Forcewerks

Livio Ramondelli & Eddie Nunez

Dustin Nguyen

Eric Canete

Evan Spears,

Nathaniel Osollo,

James Mitchell

Joe Rubinstein

Frank & Sons

Georges Jeanty

Joel Gomez & Beth Sotelo

Catt Staggs

Jonboy Meyers

Little Vampires/Rebecca Hicks

Mark Beachum & Zen

Mark Dos Santos

Sean Dietrich

Shane Houghton

Todd Nauck

Trent Kaniuga

Barbara Kesel, Portfolio Review

BS! (Comic Book Sundays)

Might &Fright Film Festival

Ray-Anthony Height

Shawn Crosby, Costumer's Guild West

Tone Rodriguez & Chris Moreno

Peter Nguyen

David Malki

Gavin Andazola

Patrick Scullin/Super Siblings Comics

Joe Krejci

Richard Starkings

Paul Roman Martinez

Tim Bradstreet

Mike McKone

Bernie Wrightson

Marv Wolfman

Steve Niles

Exhibitors

All Discount Comics

Amazing Comics

Angelo Dimeo

Angus Oblong

Aspen

Comic Madness

Comic Wise

Continental Comics

Conor & Crossworlds

Desert Wind Comics

Ed Robertson's Comics

FVF Comics

Golden Apple

Scrap Pictures

Terry's Comics

Tony Raiola Books

Treasures of Youth

Wise Wolf Distribution

The Guild Web Series - Shooting

Bobby Marmolejo

I have just about finished resorting all of my priced Marvel and DC SA and a few Bronze- all main titles. As a result, I will have about six long boxes that I will be selling for half off my listed price which is already below OPG. Large amounts of ASM, Avengers, CA, DD, FF, JIM/Thor, TOS, TTA, X-men, Adventure, Action, Brave and Bold, Batman, Detective, Flash, Green Lantern, Showcase, Superman, Wonder Woman, and World's Finest plus smaller amounts of the rest of the main titles. There are some great buys in here so hit booth 105 early on Saturday please.

If you are looking for Dell, Gold Key, Western, Disney, etc., please let me know specifics as I may not be bringing many for this show. Hope to see lots of you there. Please introduce yourself if I have not already met you at prior CA shows.

Ed Robertson

At the con. VERY small show. Just a couple dozen exhibitors. Ed Robertson and Terry's comics are the highlights.

Had a great show; sold lots of books and talked to lots of collectors. Not sure who all I met besides Rey and SOT but thanks to all for making the trip from Arizona worthwhile.

Next stop Phoenix Con Memorial week-end. Hope to see some of you there. Leonard Nimoy, Stan the Man, Todd Mcfarlane, and Michael Linsner plus many more.

Ed Robertson

The Long Beach Expo is indeed a small Con, it doesn't even use the main convention center ballroom and actually has the event in one of the side rooms. Even though the room wasn't gigantic by any means, the event was pretty packed and by noon you were bumping into people.

I thought that since the hall was small that I would be out of there in less than an hour, ended up spending most of the day there mostly checking our the artist area and a few comic booths.

Shame that a couple aisles and the front of the center were blocked off where they were filming some web-show thing and the crew kept telling people that certain areas you couldn't walk into.

The positive part was the artists for me (I'm not a big GA/SA comic collector), so being able to meet, get signatures/sketches/OA was cool. Some artists seemed very busy throughout, though some did start packing up around 4p.m.

Most of the artists did say they were planning on attending the Wizard World Anaheim Convention, a few saying only on Saturday though.

A few Cosplayers attended, pics below along with some artists booths goings-on.

111673.jpg.01dc7eea4ee389e609c55801e0a36d93.jpg

111674.jpg.46cde9aa620a0c576ade7d518f63fd66.jpg

111675.jpg.6da8b1fed6d77c70319669e52575058a.jpg

The show was very small but I thought it was pretty good. Picked up a few books I needed, got some things signed and purchased a couple of pieces of original art. A little bit of everything so I left happy.

The lady cos-playing as "Arissa" Green Lantern, the British adult actress. There were too many guys taking pics with her so I didn't stick around to take anymore shots of her.

Just look up Tany Tate to see her other superhero costumes, she was the Invisible Woman at last years LBCC as well. Careful on image searches, you may run into NSFW pics! :devil: