• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Well, Borders officially filed for bankruptcy

44 posts in this topic

Just came back from Borders today, and the check-out line was 3/4 the length of the store! Picked up a few soft-covers (Justice #s 2 & 3, Marvels), a Boondocks treasury book ("a RIGHT to be HOSTILE"), and the last issue of Wizard Magazine, which was the last one on the shelf....

The closing stores are not taking any of the coupons. I am not sure what they are doing for the paid members. Discounts for my store were 20% everything and 40% off of mags and comics.

I got there when it first opened and there was a line of about 50 people outside waiting. The graphic novel section was still pretty filled up with only about a shelf sold. I was there last week and the shelves were packed. I didn't pick up anything as I was the Penn show yesterday.

I went looking for a new calendar and a journal. After looking around a bit the lines was way too long. 20% for me wasn't enough discount to get either.