• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question For Lighthouse

12 posts in this topic

Lighthouse

On the new Astonishing X-men #1 VARIANT my comic book guy told me he can only gets 2 copies and they are for his good customers. I olny buy my readers there. Is Marvel doing what Image did in the early 90's with WILDC.A.T.S. buy 100 copies get one gold cover variant? or is my comic guy going to sell them for Big Bucks.

Thanks

RS

Lighthouse

On the new Astonishing X-men #1 VARIANT my comic book guy told me he can only gets 2 copies and they are for his good customers. I olny buy my readers there. Is Marvel doing what Image did in the early 90's with WILDC.A.T.S. buy 100 copies get one gold cover variant? or is my comic guy going to sell them for Big Bucks.

Thanks

RS

I hope this makes sense. For a retailer's weakest order of an X-title, if he orders 50 books of that title, for example, then he will get 5 copies of Astonishing X-Men #1 variant.

Thanks mitol

We will be seeing them on E-bay that day.

So will your mom.

and my Grandmother too insane.gif

That's [!@#%^&^] sick, man.

Seek help. Maybe you could chop off your head and use it to build a coconut radio?

Thanks mitol

So will your mom.

Seek help. Maybe you could chop off your head and use it to build a coconut radio?

Does that come with a small Umbrella in it 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and does it get coast to coast with the Great Art Bell 893scratchchin-thumb.gif:

Thanks mitol

So will your mom.

Does that come with a small Umbrella in it 893scratchchin-thumb.gif and does it get coast to coast with the Great Art Bell 893scratchchin-thumb.gif:

The smallest. And I cannot speak for the great Art Bell, but 8-time Pro Bowler Art Shell could certainly go coastal on your [!@#%^&^]!

Thanks mitol

So will your mom.

The smallest. And I cannot speak for the great Art Bell, but 8-time Pro Bowler Art Shell could certainly go coastal on your [!@#%^&^]!

Should I bring my shoes and glass? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Lighthouse

Thanks

RS

You got the jist of this already, but here are the exact terms:

"Retailers may purchase one copy of Astonishing X-Men #1 Variant (solicited in April) for every ten copies of the lowest ordered of the following four titles (solicited in March): Astonishing X-Men 1, Uncanny X-Men 444, X-Men 157, and New X-Men: Academy X #1"

So if a retailer orders 30 copies of each of those four books, he can order 3 copies of the variant the following month. If he orders 100 copies of three of the titles and 10 copies of the other title, he can only get 1 variant.

So the effective cost for a retailer to get extra copies of the variant is around $60 each. The retailer will be able to get some automatically based on his regular order size (in your store's case that would be 2 copies). But if he wanted a 3rd copy, he would have to spend $60 buying 40 other comics in order to qualify...

Me, I plan to order 2000 copies of each of the four books, and get 200 variants to send to CGC. Then I'll take them all to the San Diego con and charge people $10 a piece to smash them to bits with a hammer... cloud9.gif

At least that's my current plan... But it is 2am, and I do have sand in my socks... confused-smiley-013.gif