• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Dimwits, Part 357

14 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270709012908

Take a look at the super-size pics.

The blurb from the auction:

Ok Folks, It matters not if you dressed up as the web-slinger as a kid and Spider-man was your role model when you were 11.

Fact of the matter is- HERE we have a Beautiful Piece of the Stan Lee MARVEL Empire, and that in itself makes this work iconic, which it is.

To say this is a RARE Comic is an understatement, The fact that the condition is good is more impressive-aside from some wear an tear on the outer edges of the cover, the inside is near perfect- which is great for a collector because as you know, the artist @ Marvel in the 70's was a master. This piece belonged to my Uncle and He kept it in up to 3 wraps until the 90's when he had it appraised at which time I acquired it from him. Here you have it Folks- A Piece of American Folk ART and alot More-a Piece of the MARVEL EMPIRE which will continue to grow, & YES!!!!! I am tempted to wait until the death of Superhuman STAN LEE to Sell these 2 Pieces, of which I am going to SELL as A Pair I just decide, so the CAPTAIN AMERICA which is listed right after Spidey will be added, and the 2 will be SOLD AS A PAIR of PAPER GOLD!!!!!! Good Luck -e-mail me about the pair option,

I had nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon, so I thought I'd send the seller a note:

Wow. Do you really have a clue about the value of this book? It has a piece missing from the top left corner, it has creases and tears, and there's writing on the back cover... Seriously, in that condition, it's worth less than a dollar. Just thought you should know.

And here is the seller's reply:

The only correct issue w/your super expert evaluation of the book is the missing piece on the top left corner, the back of the Issue isn't even pictured so I am not sure how you know that one, if you are referring to the large pic of spidey that is the inside back cover and that is printed text from the issue, not writing- but yeah you noticed its not in mint condition, but to the right buyer books like these are priceless for the artwork alone and the fact that they are Originals- It has been appraised at 36$ so thanks for your assessment-

OK, I mixed up the back cover for the inside back cover, but since when was "To Josh from Ron" part of the "printed text" on this treasury. And I guess the 6 inch crease on the cover won't affect the value. lol:screwy:

They're also selling a copy of Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows with a starting bid of $2777, because it's a super-rare signed version. They were thinking about hanging on to it for a few more years because then they could buy a house from the profit they'd make on the book, but they really need to sell it now because they have a baby on the way.

That super-rare Rowling "signature" is machine-stamped on the top edge of the slip case. The same edition sells on abebooks for $65.

Sorry to go on about these eejits, but they're really making me laugh this afternoon. Highly entertaining. Then again, I amuse easily.

FEEDBACK AS A SELLER:

This is the only feedback they've received as a seller...

"Refused to sell item for winning bid price! Wants 4 times more. DO NOT BUY FROM"

The buyer won a Henry Miller book for $12, but it looks like the seller decided to renege on the deal. The book is listed again with a minimum bid of $25.

And I like this FEEDBACK LEFT FOR OTHERS:

"Wrong price.....shouldnt have bought this item"

This is very tacky

"YES!!!!! I am tempted to wait until the death of Superhuman STAN LEE to Sell these 2 Pieces, of which I am going to SELL as A Pair I just decide, so the CAPTAIN AMERICA which is listed right after Spidey will be added, and the 2 will be SOLD AS A PAIR of PAPER GOLD!!!!!! Good Luck -e-mail me about the pair option,"