• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classic Centaur...Funny Pages #35 for sale....

12 posts in this topic

Hi;

I will be selling a true Centaur Classic this afternoon/evening, a copy of Funny Pages #35 from 1939, to Board members only.

This book features a Classic Arrow cover (as designated by Overstreet), Gerber also designated this as a "7" on his scarcity index.

The fact is, not many copies are ever offered for sale.

Features a great cover by Paul Gustavson, and other work by Lew Glanzman, Art Pinajian, and Claire Moe. A great book period. I will post this book in about two hours with info on condition etc.

Thanks for looking. (thumbs u

:rulez:

The first :takeit: will win the book. I will accept PM's but you must still post the first :takeit: to be declared the winner of the book. This way there is no doubt as to the winner.

Prefer payment via Paypal using the gift option, but I will work with all boardies (in good standing) concerning payment for this item. Shipping and insurance is included in the price listed as long as it is within the USA. It will be a little more for those outside the USA.

Good luck to all and thanks in advance for looking. (thumbs u

Book Description:

This book is in VG+ condition. It looks much nicer. But there are two creases on the front cover, and some light soiling/staining along the spine of the back cover. Without these defects, this book would probably grade around 6.5/7.0. But it is what it is: VG+ (4.5).

The page quality is good....cream to off-white. The centerfold is firmly attached, nothing loose, everything is tight and flat.

The two creases...one is evident in the upper right corner, the other is not easy to see and is about 4 inches in length running down across the leg/ankle of the woman, where you can see it if you look closely. It is hard to see in the scan, but you need to be aware of it. The staining on the back cover does not look as bad in hand as the scan shows it.

Price is $700.00 firm (a steal for this book), and as mentioned earlier includes shipping and insurance within the USA. If there's anything else, please send me a PM I'll be glad to try and verify any questions you might have. Thanks...Joe

:news: This is SOLD!!!!!

fp35inmylar.jpg

fp35inmylarbc001.jpg

..now if someone would be kind enough to let me have the Mad Ming Cover issues...Lamont's old copies will do!

Hmmm .... down the road, this may be possible (although not the Larson copy) ... hm Considering raising money for some original art.

Congrats on buying a GREAT book, Alanna ... one of my top five Centaur covers, and a great Arrow story with freaks galore!