• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess What I Bought for $1.96 Today?

127 posts in this topic

Buying games isn't the same as collecting games.

So how do get your comics, steal them? :roflmao:

So every person who buys a comic book is now a collector? :doh:

Mike, please stop. You are engaging in the cyberequivalent of trying to reason with a turnip. It's not that he isn't a semi-intelligent turnip, it's just that he has no interest in not being a turnip for any reason.

JC's MO is to argue a point, including (as you pointed out) making up unprovable absolutes. Then, when confronted with facts or arguments of a contrary but highly credible nature, he begins to: 1) post :roflmao: ; 2) belittle the reading comprehension skills of his antagonist and 3) resort to playing the victim card. Despite an inherent shortcoming in his own reading skills or, perhaps, an intentional proclivity to argue only out of context quotes, we are witnessing stage 2 in bloom.

Carry on fine turnip. Your work is not yet done.

Buying games isn't the same as collecting games.

So how do get your comics, steal them? :roflmao:

So every person who buys a comic book is now a collector? :doh:

Mike, please stop. You are engaging in the cyberequivalent of trying to reason with a turnip. It's not that he isn't a semi-intelligent turnip, it's just that he has no interest in not being a turnip for any reason.

JC's MO is to argue a point, including (as you pointed out) making up unprovable absolutes. Then, when confronted with facts or arguments of a contrary but highly credible nature, he begins to: 1) post :roflmao: ; 2) belittle the reading comprehension skills of his antagonist and 3) resort to playing the victim card. Despite an inherent shortcoming in his own reading skills or, perhaps, an intentional proclivity to argue only out of context quotes, we are witnessing stage 2 in bloom.

Carry on fine turnip. Your work is not yet done.

This is like poetry. (worship)

I see people in suits buying video games all the time.

:roflmao:

Not to get into a contest but that argument is ridiculous. Are people in suits the qualifiers for what is generally acceptable? If that's the case then some other acceptable forms of entertainment may include:

S & M

Cocaine usage

White Collar Crime

Bad Dancing

Quoting "Borat", still

Excessive Business Card transference.

I see people in suits buying video games all the time.

:roflmao:

Not to get into a contest but that argument is ridiculous. Are people in suits the qualifiers for what is generally acceptable? If that's the case then some other acceptable forms of entertainment may include:

S & M

Cocaine usage

White Collar Crime

Bad Dancing

Quoting "Borat", still

Excessive Business Card transference.

This is pretty funny, too.

Nice find on the game but you react to different opinions way too harshly. You invite this sort of derailment with your attitude.

And you have no comments for anyone else but me, right? Everyone else is behaving perfectly but me, right?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Now get back in your basement and read some funny books.

Not to get into a contest but that argument is ridiculous. Are people in suits the qualifiers for what is generally acceptable?

In an OFFICE ENVIRONMENT (which is what we're talking about Blindy) it certainly is. doh!

Or do you think people wear ratty T- in a corporate workplace?

Nice find on the game but you react to different opinions way too harshly. You invite this sort of derailment with your attitude.

And you have no comments for anyone else but me, right? Everyone else is behaving perfectly but me, right?

lol

You are such a baby!

JC's MO is to....

Actually, the board's MO is to disagree with everything I say, even if it to take the most illogical point of view (which you are in this case) and promote something that totally disagrees with the real world.

In the real world, an adult carrying around a copy of CoD: MW2 is not going to be viewed the same way as the same guy walking around with a copy of Spider-man 432.

Right or wrong isn't the issue, that's the way it is in North America.

lol

You are such a baby!

No offense taken, and I would imagine this is how the Neanderthals (funny book collectors) acted when confronted with the Cro Magnon man (video games, etc.) who would soon rule the Earth.

Change is tough, especially when you're on the wrong side of the evolutionary chain.

lol

You are such a baby!

No offense taken, and I would imagine this is how the Neanderthals (funny book collectors) acted when confronted with the Cro Magnon man (video games, etc.) who would soon rule the Earth.

Change is tough, especially when you're on the wrong side of the evolutionary chain.

Bring me fire, Vince. You are the modern day Prometheus. For me to drink of the dregs from your cup of knowledge is like unto being asked to sup with God. Please continue to enlighten me. I am so unworthy, but I must deign to ask for more.

Bring me fire, Vince. You are the modern day Prometheus. For me to drink of the dregs from your cup of knowledge is like unto being asked to sup with God. Please continue to enlighten me. I am so unworthy, but I must deign to ask for more.

No. :sumo:

lol

You are such a baby!

(shrug)

I collect video games too and the only time I mentioned anything about them in this thread is when I congratulated you on your purchase. That said, YOU are on the wrong side of the "evolutionary chain" here. The money is in the 8 and 16 bit games which I collect.

You also called Atari, Odyssey and Intellivision games and collections "future landflil material". Not only is that insulting to the collectors of those given consoles and games, it's also not going to happen that way at all. You said no one would buy an Atari game for 10K, when someone had already spent more than 5 times that on one already.

Outside of people wearing suits when they purchase their video games, do you plan on backing any of this up with factual information?

Not to get into a contest but that argument is ridiculous. Are people in suits the qualifiers for what is generally acceptable?

In an OFFICE ENVIRONMENT (which is what we're talking about Blindy) it certainly is. doh!

Ok you win, in an OFFICE ENVIROMENT collecting video games is more acceptable.

But just for clarification, in a bodega, in College Point, on a Tuesday, at dusk, in March, while raining comics are way cooler (thumbs u

Ok you win, in an OFFICE ENVIROMENT collecting video games is more acceptable.

But just for clarification, in a bodega, in College Point, on a Tuesday, at dusk, in March, while raining comics are way cooler (thumbs u

New comic day is Wednesday, not Tuesday (tsk)

[You said no one would buy an Atari game for 10K, when someone had already spent more than 5 times that on one already.

No, it was in the context of the FUTURE, as in no 12-year today is going to grow up and want to buy an old Atari game for $10K.

Comics actually have a very serious advantage over games, as the Superman and Batman of the 1930's was the same Superman and Batman of the 70's/80's/90's. That continuity (and the fact that comics has remained physically the same) really helped drive newer readers to the older material.

But I see none of that in games, which is why I would never pour any serious money into the vintage material. Games look more like the Modern market to me, buying hot material low and selling it high - holding looks very dangerous over the longer term.