• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM #39

29 posts in this topic

Hi there!

Some new books have finally arrived in Russia for me from Mycomicshop.com!

So I will post some to know what grade they have. Oh and like the last time I will reveal the grade I bought it as, when I have a couple of entries!

Thanks in advance!

The first is ASM 39:

asm391.jpg

asm392.jpg

To the OP I would love a bit of information on comic collecting in Russia. Are there any comic stores? Conventions? Other collectors? How did you start collecting U.S. comics?

Thanks for asking!

Well my obsession with Spidey started in 90's when I saw the Spider-Man: The Animated Series. I was just stunned at how awesome Spider-man was!

Later in 2002 I've read my first comic book about Spidey - it was Ultimate Spider-man 1, which was printed in russian.

I collected them and found out about early Spideys, but at that time thought they were very expensive and dropped the idea of getting one some day. Then I kinda forgot about comics, untill one day..

Untill one day when I was spending my vacation in London in 2008 I believe I went into a comic book store. My gosh, what I saw there! I remembered Spidey and bought 3 random comics like asm 283 and smth like that and that was it, 'cause I was kinda broke on money. But then having arrived in Russia, I started hunting down all comics about Spidey here.

Which is a real problem here. Cause only a small amount of people knows about comics, actually read them and even a smaller amount of those who collects. Of course there are some conventions, but they are small and weak. There is an online comic-store and none real. Oh, and almost all other collectors prefer collecting TPB's or HC's.

My collection is only 10 or 12 books, but this is a real gem here in Moscow. Hope someday it will be much more.

Thanks for the reply. I can't recall seeing any other collectors on the boards who live in Russia.

Are there comics or superheroes that have been created in Russia?

ASM 39 is a great issue to pick up. What other issues did you get from Mycomicshop.com? I'm don't know what you paid but you are probably better off buying here.

Well the Boards are a great place to buy books! Look in the selling forum, you can get a lot of great books here! I'm sure there are Boardees who will ship to Russia.

Oh and F-

I'm not really interested in other superheroes, so I can't tell you for sure if some were created here. But, I'm leaning to "no" :)

I got 20, 39, 252 and some cheap ones.

Well I would love to use this forum to buy comic goodies, but the important thing is the shipping. The shipping from mycomicshop was 2 bucks, while usually it's smth around 30.

20 and 252 are great issues.

I can imagine shipping is expensive to Russia. I've shipped to Hong Kong and it wasn't cheap. Don't see how Mycomicshop can ship for $2. To buy here you would have to save up and buy a large lot of books to average out the shipping.

Hope you stick around, we need more international boardies. Perhaps we could introduce you to some collectors in Moscow, Idaho.

Well usually the shipping of MCS is about 9 bucks, but because I ordered books which are together more then 100 bucks they lowered the price.

I will definitely be here! The forums are great.

BTW, My asm 252 is right here.

Yay! Just what I wanted to discuss.

I'm not good at restoration and I don't know what can be called resto and cannot.

So is plain erasing of pencil for example considered restoration?

I'm not an expert on restoration but I just wouldn't do that. It might erase some of the pencil markings but it will most definitely erase the gloss and some of cover color below the markings.