• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #48 Different Back Covers?

7 posts in this topic

I purchased a couple of PGX graded Batman #48's (both graded at 5.5) last year (before I knew that PGX wasn't highly regarded - probably an understatement). I thought that I got a great deal on both of them, so they just sat in my collection until I was ready to sell them on eBay in December when they had their free listing deal - so I took pictures of most of my graded books that I wanted to sell, and that's when I realized that my two Batman's had different back covers.

Nothing on the labels is noted about this, and I have not heard of this issue before. It could be a printing from another country, but the price on the cover is the same (and I would have to open the slab to check any interior details). Pictures are below and I believe that the first book checks out, but I haven't seen the "Tops in Comics" back cover on any other #48's I have looked at. Also, the color of the second one is off (maybe it's just faded). The auctions have been removed because it has been over 90 days, but I could go through my Paypal records to check on the seller (not sure if they came from the same person). I want to make sure the books are legitimate, so if anybody knows anything about this issue please help me out.

The second copy (the faded one) is also missing the Aug...Sept. on top of the front cover.

Hopefully I am allowed to post this - I know discussion about PGX books is not supposed to be on the boards or something (don't know if that rule is just for selling).

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket