• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Intro and First Appearance of A Major Pop Culture Icon

11 posts in this topic

Every single person living over the age of 3 in the United States knows this character. He is ranked in the same lofty stratosphere as Mickey Mouse and Santa Claus. This character is so universally known and loved that you need only mention his first name to know who he is.

And here is his first appearance. Rare? This is the only copy I've ever seen. Important? Of course. Cool? What do you think...

Ladies and gentlemen I give you...

SMOKEY THE BEAR

Nice solid copy. No rips, tears or tape. C/OW pages. F/VF. $400 postpaid.

First public :takeit: gets it. U.S. only. This book has not been pressed (I bought if from a fellow who has had it in his collection for 35 years).

SmokeyFC.jpg

SmokeyBC.jpg

Every single person living over the age of 3 in the United States knows this character. He is ranked in the same lofty stratosphere as Mickey Mouse and Santa Claus. This character is so universally known and loved that you need only mention his first name to know who he is.

And here is his first appearance. Rare? This is the only copy I've ever seen. Important? Of course. Cool? What do you think...

SMOKEY THE BEAR

First public :takeit: gets it. U.S. only. This book has not been pressed (I bought if from a fellow who has had it in his collection for 35 years).

Does this book have staples, or is it glued at the spine?

SMOKEY THE BEAR

Does this book have staples, or is it glued at the spine?

Thanks for asking - I should have included this info in the description. It's a 16-page book with paper covers, no staples and glued at the spine.