• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Website dedicated to Comic-keys

30 posts in this topic

I have gotten another email from yet another person who has purchased the "trim and color" pedigree. Can somebody post me the link to the website where others have had problems so that I don't have to type all the people I know who have been burnt by my "favorite" dealer.

Thanks

Make sure you tell them to give OldGuy permission to post their story!

The number of people willing to come forward with their stories is such a small percentage of the people that have been burned. I get a lot of e-mails from people thanking me for putting up the site, and some from people that got burned, but don't want their stories posted. More stories would be good, but as of today there have been 1357 unique hits so I guess it's doing something.

Make sure you tell them to give OldGuy permission to post their story!

The number of people willing to come forward with their stories is such a small percentage of the people that have been burned. I get a lot of e-mails from people thanking me for putting up the site, and some from people that got burned, but don't want their stories posted. More stories would be good, but as of today there have been 1357 unique hits so I guess it's doing something.

I have a question to those who want confirmation as to Richard Koos/Daniel Dupcak's identity. Why not just purchase something cheap from him on EBAY, get it and tell him you'd like a refund, ship it back, and wait at the P.O. Box and see who opens it? Worse case, you could follow the guy home and see where he lives as well?

Obviously this is for someone with some free time and would best work for someone in the area, but why not?

Has anyone gone to that address in Floral Park and seen who opens the door?

I have a question to those who want confirmation as to Richard Koos/Daniel Dupcak's identity. Why not just purchase something cheap from him on EBAY, get it and tell him you'd like a refund, ship it back, and wait at the P.O. Box and see who opens it? Worse case, you could follow the guy home and see where he lives as well?

Obviously this is for someone with some free time and would best work for someone in the area, but why not?

Has anyone gone to that address in Floral Park and seen who opens the door?

why? confused.gif have you not read the CBG article connecting them as the same person/use of alias? foreheadslap.gif

I just got finished reading it, in fact, is why I replied to this thread. There is some question that Dupcak could be living at the same address as Koos, but I haven't seen enough evidence that would hold up in court that Koos=Dupcak.

Would you swear on a Bible and testify that you know for sure they are one in the same? I wouldn't, based on that CPG article.

I tend to believe that Richard Koos is married to (or living with) Danny's mother and the the three of them are living at the same address. I also suspect that Danny is using the "Richard Koos" ID for most, if not all his comic-transactions. So physically they are not the same person, but one does assume the other's identity... confused-smiley-013.gif

Would you swear on a Bible and testify that you know for sure they are one in the same? I wouldn't, based on that CPG article.

how well did you read the article from CBG? confused.gif it states that daniel dupcak uses richard koos as an alias of his step father....hence that would make them not the same person. gossip.gif

I don't think the article says that. confused.gif

how well did you read the article from CBG? confused.gif it states that daniel dupcak uses richard koos as an alias of his step father....hence that would make them not the same person. gossip.gif

That's another story. It's a very weird thing to say, isn't it?

i haven't read the article since it came out, shy.gif but why would he make such outrageous accusations that his computer records were hacked into and changed if not? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

I've read the article and I have pretty good reading comprehension smile.gif It also doesn't hurt that I'd heard some of these stories before the article came out. As the article states, and as the rumour went before the article came out, there IS a Richard Koos. There is also a Danny Dupcak (we've all seen his mug shot.) They really are two separate people (although the BOTH live in the same house.) The implication of the article is that Dupcak uses Koos' identity to sell comics on eBay.

That's another story. It's a very weird thing to say, isn't it?

The funniest thing about it is the ridiculousness of the claim. Think about it. Any computer criminal with enough skill to do the things comic-keys is saying they did to him could do far worse than set him up for an unfavorable article to be written about him. Someone poking around and changing information in databases like that could bury him in a Gordian knot of red tape.

Right, this was the clear implication of the article. But I recall that the article stopped short of actually saying that Koos=Dupcak. I haven't read it since it first was posted on these boards, but I have a strong recollection after reading the end of the article that the author was trying very hard to leave wiggle room about Comic-Keys' identity in case there was a defamation suit filed.

Also, I am not saying that people who say Dupcak=Comic-Keys are wrong. I am just wondering if anyone has any proof beyond what's in the article.

I've read the article and I have pretty good reading comprehension smile.gif It also doesn't hurt that I'd heard some of these stories before the article came out. As the article states, and as the rumour went before the article came out, there IS a Richard Koos. There is also a Danny Dupcak (we've all seen his mug shot.) They really are two separate people (although the BOTH live in the same house.) The implication of the article is that Dupcak uses Koos' identity to sell comics on eBay.