• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 NEW COLLECTIONS AND MORE!

39 posts in this topic

I can answer that one, (sort of) yes. I've seen various examples at their website. But I don't know if that applies only to those that were disassembled or not.

And for the record I do not think that professional pressing is a form of restoration.

Vince,

How can you say that? Pressing a non color-breaking crease out of a book isn't Restoration?

Please help me to understand..... 893frustrated.gif

Uh Beyo...

Question for you:

If a non-color breaking crease can be pressed out "completely" on a comic without detection...meaning you would never know it was there before...then what's the difference? confused-smiley-013.gif

Not trying to be a smart-akk (this time); I'm actually serious.

What I mean is -a perfect forgery... is no longer a forgery, right?

Rick

If a non-color breaking crease can be pressed out "completely" on a comic without detection...meaning you would never know it was there before...then what's the difference? confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree with this, assuming two VERY IMPORTANT factors:

1) Full disclosure of pressing.

2) Full 100%, iron clad guarantee of "current market value" refund if the comic EVER exhibits any of its pre-pressed characteristics.

If dealers are willing to do the above, and fully protect and inform the customer, then press all they like. At least this way, buyers know what they're purchasing and can get a refund if the "press job" ever starts reverting to form.

Uh Beyo...

Question for you:

If a non-color breaking crease can be pressed out "completely" on a comic without detection...meaning you would never know it was there before...then what's the difference?

Rick

I agree (but I always have).

As I stated many times, someone please explain to me, what material has been added to or subtracted from the book to make it look better. THE ANSWER IS NONE.

893frustrated.gif

Uh Beyo...

Question for you:

If a non-color breaking crease can be pressed out "completely" on a comic without detection...meaning you would never know it was there before...then what's the difference?

Rick

I agree (but I always have).

As I stated many times, someone please explain to me, what material has been added to or subtracted from the book to make it look better. THE ANSWER IS NONE.

893frustrated.gif

This is insane.

CGC 8.5 + PRESS = CGC 9.2

Was the 8.5 not restored to a 9.2?

I agree with this, assuming two VERY IMPORTANT factors:

1) Full disclosure of pressing.

2) Full 100%, iron clad guarantee of "current market value" refund if the comic EVER exhibits any of its pre-pressed characteristics.

If dealers are willing to do the above, and fully protect and inform the customer, then press all they like. At least this way, buyers know what they're purchasing and can get a refund if the "press job" ever starts reverting to form.

thumbsup2.gif

Bump to get an answer to my question re disclosure of pressing.

Hi Vincent:

Does Metropolis disclose that a book has been pressed when selling a book that has been pressed? I know you don't consider it resto, but a lot of other people do. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I am not asking to be a jerk or to call you out. I think it's a fair question though.

By the way -- I bought that Amazing Spider-Man #63 CGC 9.2 from the list you posted (I've been looking for that one for a long time) and your Tales of Suspense #52 VF/NM 9.0 today. Thanks. I'm still looking for a high grade (i.e., 9.2 or better) copy of Amazing Spider-Man #86. Can you help? There isn't one on your website.

Vincent,

Just so know I think you guys have by far the best customer service going. thumbsup2.gif

Thank you very much! It means a lot to my staff and I to know you are happy with the customer service you received when buying vintage comics from us.

Sincerely,

Vincent Zurzolo smile.gif

This is insane.

CGC 8.5 + PRESS = CGC 9.2

Was the 8.5 not restored to a 9.2?

I see what you are saying Beyonder, and I agree with you to some point. However I think that restoration can get to a rather gray and fuzzy in some areas. Is a book considered restored if a piece of dirt was on it and someone picked it off? Probably not. However, it is definitely considered restoration if someone used a chemical solvent to remove the traces of dirt from the book. There are different degrees to what a person will accept as restoration. No matter what your position, trying to change their mind or get them to accept your point of view is like arguing into the wind.

No matter what your position, trying to change their mind or get them to accept your point of view is like arguing into the wind.

That's not the point. It comes down to disclosure and since the supporters ($$$) state that pressing is not restoration but refuse to disclose it, then who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Let's put this rampant "pressing for CGC dollars" phenomenon out in the open!

Bump again to get an answer to my question re disclosure of pressing by Metropolis.

3_4_23.gif

Bump to get an answer to my question re disclosure of pressing.

Hi Vincent:

Does Metropolis disclose that a book has been pressed when selling a book that has been pressed? I know you don't consider it resto, but a lot of other people do. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I am not asking to be a jerk or to call you out. I think it's a fair question though.

By the way -- I bought that Amazing Spider-Man #63 CGC 9.2 from the list you posted (I've been looking for that one for a long time) and your Tales of Suspense #52 VF/NM 9.0 today. Thanks. I'm still looking for a high grade (i.e., 9.2 or better) copy of Amazing Spider-Man #86. Can you help? There isn't one on your website.

Vincent,

Just so know I think you guys have by far the best customer service going. thumbsup2.gif

Thank you very much! It means a lot to my staff and I to know you are happy with the customer service you received when buying vintage comics from us.

Sincerely,

Vincent Zurzolo smile.gif

Yes and I did email Ed at Metro this morning and in all fairness he has asked to see what the graders notes say so he can refer it up the line. I will send them along of scans once I get my books back next week. Ed did respond immediately so let's just wait and see what the notes say and then go from there.

Maybe there was a defect (water stain, etc) that can be easily overlooked? I should have the graders notes and the books by early next week if not Monday. I thought my Avengers #4 from Lone Star I was the best of the three by far, very tight and solid book (6.0) but it graded the worst at a 4.5?