• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I just score a bargain?

32 posts in this topic

Seems like a pretty low price for the whole lot. I wonder if the seller did not know their true worth.

He says in the auction that all issues are first printings, but are you sure this is the case with the first issue of Ultimate Spider-Man? He could have slipped in a Free Comic Book Day version or other reprint. I've seen first printings of Ultimate Spider-Man # 1 alone go for this price or higher in the past... Maybe the Ultimate Spider-Man run is actually trade paperback versions? confused-smiley-013.gif

Good luck, please let us know how it turns out.

All the best,

-Jim

I recently paid $550 for a set of 1-50 (#1 was CGC 9.4 first print Red cover, #2 was the car cover). The condition of most of the books was between NM/MT and VF/NM. I was quite pleased with the price I paid. If you truly got 1-39 in strict VF/NM and if they are all first prints, you got a major steal. I would be VERY leery of anyone who would sell all of those for that price, however, especially with no pictures or scans. Everyone knows that the #1 alone is worth more than $75 in NM. Hell, #5 is worth more than that in NM. Let us know how it turns out, ok?

By the way -- my LCS had a raw #1 first print in NM- on the wall for a few months at $125. It sold two or three weeks ago, along with #2-5. The #5 was a VF/NM and went for $90. I don't remember what the 2-4 went for, but they were VF/NM to NM and were priced near guide for their condition.

Pay close attention to the #1 that you receive. There are numerous reprint versions, and they can be hard to tell apart except for the title on page 1. For example, one reprint that I have is identical in appearance to the first print #1 except that it says "special edition" (or something close to that with the word "special") in the title on page 1.

for $75??? I don't think so Let us know how you did when you receive the comics.

lol, double 27_laughing.gif and triple 27_laughing.gif.

If you have/see other "bad deals" like this one, let me know, will you?!

fortysevenuk

You did great, if these are all indeed 1st prints at VF/NM...usually those kinds of sets goes for at least 400$...

Nº1 alone goes from 100$ (lowest) to 140$ (highest)...nº5 for around 50$

It ain't a good deal, it's a great one...let us know when you receive them!!!

By the way -- my LCS had a raw #1 first print in NM- on the wall for a few months at $125. It sold two or three weeks ago, along with #2-5. The #5 was a VF/NM and went for $90. I don't remember what the 2-4 went for, but they were VF/NM to NM and were priced near guide for their condition.

Expensive and they don't stay on the wall too much time...indeed modern books are just for reading... ooo.gif

I emailed him and the books ar ein the mail. I looked back at his other auctions and hes sold some great set sof books dirt cheap and had some great feedback, I'll update you guys when they get here.

Thanks for all...

smile.gif

This is an excellent point, but on the other hand, even if the #1 is a counterfeit photocopy, $75 for the rest of those books is a friggin' steal if they are in VF/NM.

Pay close attention to the #1 that you receive. There are numerous reprint versions, and they can be hard to tell apart except for the title on page 1. For example, one reprint that I have is identical in appearance to the first print #1 except that it says "special edition" (or something close to that with the word "special") in the title on page 1.

If you are worried about the books at all, I'll buy them all from you for $150 plus shipping. smile.gif

I emailed him and the books ar ein the mail. I looked back at his other auctions and hes sold some great set sof books dirt cheap and had some great feedback, I'll update you guys when they get here.

Thanks for all...

smile.gif

If nº1 carries a 2.99$ price tag you hit the jackpot...it's the good one.

But if not, consider you paied up just for nº5 and 2, and got everything alse free, 27_laughing.gif.

I wonder how many auctions went at this low price...never saw anyone this big go below the 400$.

Just curious, how much was your max. bid?!