• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam Hughes ECCC

50 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]Well...

The auction finish tonight,

the final bid was $ 3,451.00

I have to say that is a ridiculous price to pay for a Sketch.

I am a Adam Hughes fan

but I don’t think any live artist deserve that amount of money for 1 sketch

maybe, and only maybe an original sketch of Spider-man

with a lot of details from Dikto

but that is only my opinion.

I think we have another case of New Mutants # 98 CGC 9.9,

when some *spoon* pay crazy amount of money for some ....

My 2c[/font]

While that price is expensive and many of us on the boards couldn't afford it the price is reasonable.

I have been offered 2000 for my dave mckean painting. I recently saw a penciled nude full figure from milo manara with no back ground or inks, colors, ect sell for 900.

Moebius would laugh at an offer of 3500 to do a commission.

It isn't like this is a quick marker sketch from a random creator. This is a full tonal/color piece from Adam Hughes.

I am sure If Todd Mcfarlane or Jim Lee or Sam Kieth put up an oppurtunity for a fully completed pencils,inks,values,colors guaranteed commission people would pay 3100 or more

You can't say Adam Hughes doesn't deserve $3451.00 for a sketch. He started the bidding at a buck and let the market decide what it would pay for such an opportunity. It's not like he demanded $3451.00 and you take offense to that. At most he will charge you $400 when he specifically asks for money. Plus with the $400 sketch you have no guarantee that you will even get one. The eBay stuff is there to make sure you will get an Adam Hughes piece. I say good for him.

You can't say Adam Hughes doesn't deserve $3451.00 for a sketch. He started the bidding at a buck and let the market decide what it would pay for such an opportunity. It's not like he demanded $3451.00 and you take offense to that. At most he will charge you $400 when he specifically asks for money. Plus with the $400 sketch you have no guarantee that you will even get one. The eBay stuff is there to make sure you will get an Adam Hughes piece. I say good for him.

For someone that doesn't post a lot that was quite good :applause:

Who's Adam Hughes?

Now don't quote me on this...but I think it's the Kenyan Scholar who is known, among other things, for coming up with the "it is what it is" slogan; If I am not mistaken, he became rich after continuously receiving massive royalties from various t-shirt and bumper sticker companies. Before becoming a millionaire though, he was average struggling nuclear physicist, he freelanced as a Palm reader/Psychic in Nairobi but later found his niche in the then untapped market of Animal Psychology. He became a world renown animal therapist, and helped many famous pets, such as Spuds McKenzie (from Bud Light), Alex (From Stroh's), Brandon (Who played Punky Brewster's dog in her show), and the Johnny & Dynamite duo of Magnum PI fame; And also, from information received through wiki-leaks, it is rumored that he treated Shamu the Whale for severe PTSD, as a result of the continuous abuse of the San Diego Zoo staff, but because of a pending lawsuit, neither party admits (nor denies) that such therapy actually took place. Hughes also wrote three books in Hamster telepathy and became an advocate for the use of Soy milk, as he says "Cows milk is only intended for their young and ... anyone who consumes it or ANY other animal products...is going to hell." When his acclaimed "Talk to your cat in heaven" TV show was accussed of being a farse, he faded from the public eye. I hear nowadays he does comic illustrations and that some of his sketches can fetch, literally, thousands of dollars...

that's what I heard... hm

Who's Adam Hughes?

Now don't quote me on this...but I think it's the Kenyan Scholar who is known, among other things, for coming up with the "it is what it is" slogan; If I am not mistaken, he became rich after continuously receiving massive royalties from various t-shirt and bumper sticker companies. Before becoming a millionaire though, he was average struggling nuclear physicist, he freelanced as a Palm reader/Psychic in Nairobi but later found his niche in the then untapped market of Animal Psychology. He became a world renown animal therapist, and helped many famous pets, such as Spuds McKenzie (from Bud Light), Alex (From Stroh's), Brandon (Who played Punky Brewster's dog in her show), and the Johnny & Dynamite duo of Magnum PI fame; And also, from information received through wiki-leaks, it is rumored that he treated Shamu the Whale for severe PTSD, as a result of the continuous abuse of the San Diego Zoo staff, but because of a pending lawsuit, neither party admits (nor denies) that such therapy actually took place. Hughes also wrote three books in Hamster telepathy and became an advocate for the use of Soy milk, as he says "Cows milk is only intended for their young and ... anyone who consumes it or ANY other animal products...is going to hell." When his acclaimed "Talk to your cat in heaven" TV show was accussed of being a farse, he faded from the public eye. I hear nowadays he does comic illustrations and that some of his sketches can fetch, literally, thousands of dollars...

that's what I heard... hm

:ohnoez:

LOVE these posts! :luhv: