• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Captain America 100

29 posts in this topic

Take a look at All Star #1 4.0 VG on page 257 of the OGG. Then look at the Showcase #14 3.0 G/VG on page 280. This book looks like it's somewhere in the middle of these two in terms of wear, and it's closer to the 4.0 in my opinion. All the 2.5s have either chunks missing from the cover or some other major defect that is not present on the Cap. 100.

2.5 no dobt about it. There are no 4.0's with that kind of spine damage in any CGC holder I have ever seen...................now that Action #1 we've all seen makes this look like a 6.0 foreheadslap.gif

I can't say that I grade for CGC or any large Comic Shop for that mater, but I just can't see that book going a 4.0 in a million years with the level of wear over the entire book and the spine looks like rats gnawed on it.

So far the rest of the board members are in line with a 2.0 to 3.0, but we'll see what others think 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do you think that CGC would grade it a 4.0 or are you grading off personal grading standards using the OGG as part of the equation?

I don't know what CGC would grade it. I am giving my opinion of the grade based on the Overstreet Grading Guide. If you can find me one 2.0 or 2.5 in the OGG that has wear similar to this one and no serious "hidden" flaws also listed in the description, then I'll buy a 2.5 or 2.0. While you're looking, take a look at the 2.0s on pages 291 (similar wear, but with tons of writing on the cover and brittle interior pages 893whatthe.gif), 292 (tons of writing, hundreds of cover creases, and spine roll), 293 (far nastier cover with wrinkled interior pages), 294 (worse spine and thick book-length sub crease), 295 (cover detached), and oh wait, that's just about all of them. Nevermind.

This book is not a 2.0 or a 2.5 in my opinion. confused-smiley-013.gif But if someone gave it a 3.5, I wouldn't argue, especially since I can't see the interior or the back cover.

I can't say that I grade for CGC or any large Comic Shop for that mater, but I just can't see that book going a 4.0 in a million years with the level of wear over the entire book and the spine looks like rats gnawed on it.

So far the rest of the board members are in line with a 2.0 to 3.0, but we'll see what others think 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do you think that CGC would grade it a 4.0 or are you grading off personal grading standards using the OGG as part of the equation?

I had to shrink the image down to 625 pixels across to grade it fairly. I don't suggest posting such monstrous scans - they magnify all the flaws to a degree that books always look worse than they probably are.

I would say a safe 3.0 - the combination of the top staple wear/ holes, combined with the bottom rust migration and the staining over by Subby keep this book out of the VG range. The rust is fairly ugly and I can see someone beating this book down to a 2.5 if this is a big problem for them.

I don't own a OGG so I can't say I could find a book similar that is graded a 2.5. I know that CGC is not the be all end all when it comes to grading, I of course am only stating in my unexpert opinion.....I don't see a 4.0 as far as my standards or CGC is concerned. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know what CGC would grade it. I am giving my opinion of the grade based on the Overstreet Grading Guide. If you can find me one 2.0 or 2.5 in the OGG that has wear similar to this one and no serious "hidden" flaws also listed in the description, then I'll buy a 2.5 or 2.0. While you're looking, take a look at the 2.0s on pages 291 (similar wear, but with tons of writing on the cover and brittle interior pages 893whatthe.gif), 292 (tons of writing, hundreds of cover creases, and spine roll), 293 (far nastier cover with wrinkled interior pages), 294 (worse spine and thick book-length sub crease), 295 (cover detached), and oh wait, that's just about all of them. Nevermind.

This book is not a 2.0 or a 2.5 in my opinion. confused-smiley-013.gif But if someone gave it a 3.5, I wouldn't argue, especially since I can't see the interior or the back cover.

You should submit it so that we can see what CGC says.

I could only grade half the book so based on what I saw 2.5

Davidking623

Sorry, I changed the link, its all up there now

smile.gif

Thanks for the input guys