• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hold onto your hats for the May Heritage auction....

377 posts in this topic

DKR3splash.jpg

'Nuff said

Just enough time to liquidate the 401k and pull all the equity out of the house and, if necessary, pull the money out of the kids college funds...the world needs ditch diggers too.

O my good lord! What could that possibly go for?

Tough call, but I will go out on the limb and say a lot. Maybe even an aweful lot. In all seriousness, there will likely be several deep pockets going after it so the ending hammer could be a big shock.

Todd Hignite brought that piece in, showed me the piece the other day and I was blown away. Todd is a force to be reckoned with! Super nice guy and always finds HA the best art! (worship)

BTW...........NO RESERVE!!!!

Now, if I could only afford to win it :frustrated:

Tough call, but I will go out on the limb and say a lot. Maybe even an aweful lot. In all seriousness, there will likely be several deep pockets going after it so the ending hammer could be a big shock.

I appreciate the risk to your rep you're taking, going out on a limb like that. lol

I don't even know the ballpark. Does this kinda stuff hit 5 figures? 6? :o

I appreciate the risk to your rep you're taking, going out on a limb like that. lol

I don't even know the ballpark. Does this kinda stuff hit 5 figures? 6? :o

6. Easily. And then some.

Scott

Wow. What might that first digit be?

As purely idle speculation, and based on what I have seen pages that are nowhere near this page in terms of visual impact go for, I would say the absolute floor for this piece is $125k and the ceiling could be much much higher depending on who enters the fray and how much they feel they will hate themselves if they miss this chance. I would not be at all shocked to see the first digit hit "2".

Hi Chris,

Many people consider this their favorite splash of the run. Personally, it's not my favorite, but I know that there are many out there who'll go to the mat for it.

But, hit over 200K? That I doubt.

Hari

I think this is one of those blue chip A+ pieces that only gets offered to the public once in a blue moon.

Here are my thoughts:

There are 4 winners here -

1. The seller

2. The buyer who can comfortably afford to own this piece and enjoy it for many years to come

3. Heritage

4. The viewing public, since without Heritage, this splash could have easily traded hands privately and few would have ever known about it

Let's say this piece hammers at 150K (could it hit 200K? I agree with Hari that its unlikely but we've seen evidence with other pieces that would suggest that we don't eliminate all doubt), which would be a record price for DKR OA. That same 150K could buy you an Action Comics #1 CGC 2.0 that would most likely be a much wiser investment 10 years down the line. I think whatever this splash hammers at will realize most of the price potential for this piece. And since this splash originally sold for around $800, that's a tremendous win for the seller (and Heritage).

I think that this is the kind of piece that will be bought by someone that won't want or need to ever sell it. But if I'm the seller, and I see that a so-so page just sold for 40K, I can certainly understand why they might see this as a great time to consign it to Heritage.

Hi Chris,

Many people consider this their favorite splash of the run. Personally, it's not my favorite, but I know that there are many out there who'll go to the mat for it.

But, hit over 200K? That I doubt.

Hari

I agree, it's not likely given the lack of data to date, but it's certainly not impossible.

I would be more shocked if it went under $125k than if it went $200k or over.

There are a couple of other splashes out there, that have gotten some pretty crazy private offers in the last 10 years. This is a really rare treat to see something of this magnitude move at no reserve for the world to see.

I think this is one of those blue chip A+ pieces that only gets offered to the public once in a blue moon.

Here are my thoughts:

There are 4 winners here -

1. The seller

2. The buyer who can comfortably afford to own this piece and enjoy it for many years to come

3. Heritage

4. The viewing public, since without Heritage, this splash could have easily traded hands privately and few would have ever known about it

Let's say this piece hammers at 150K (could it hit 200K? I agree with Hari that its unlikely but we've seen evidence with other pieces that would suggest that we don't eliminate all doubt), which would be a record price for DKR OA. That same 150K could buy you an Action Comics #1 CGC 2.0 that would most likely be a much wiser investment 10 years down the line. I think whatever this splash hammers at will realize most of the price potential for this piece. And since this splash originally sold for around $800, that's a tremendous win for the seller (and Heritage).

I think that this is the kind of piece that will be bought by someone that won't want or need to ever sell it. But if I'm the seller, and I see that a so-so page just sold for 40K, I can certainly understand why they might see this as a great time to consign it to Heritage.

Don't forget

5. Robin (that's an awesome pose she's in)