• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Hound for iPhone

43 posts in this topic

Looks good. Available in the UK?

Certainly is.

Just DL'd a copy to my iPhone so I can have a play with it whilst pretending to work in the office today.

I'll be happy to provide feedback once I get my head around it.

Had a play with it last night.

Good little app. Simple, easy to use and chuff-load easier than using Notes for list creation / management.

I recently considered getting Numbers for my iPad for this specific purpose so you have just saved my about £6.50

IMHO - £0.59 well spent.

Good work fella!!!

Thank you. I wanted simple and easy to use, but never contemplated chuff-load easier.

I still have several promotional codes left. PM me if you're interested. And based on the recommendation of a fellow boardie, I've revised the app to work on iOS 3.0 and up. The update should be in the app store within a few days.

I still have several promotional codes left. PM me if you're interested. And based on the recommendation of a fellow boardie, I've revised the app to work on iOS 3.0 and up. The update should be in the app store within a few days.

Cool! Now I can use it. :cloud9:

Version 1.1 is now in the app store. It runs on iOS 3.0 and up instead of just the latest iOS.

Also, a fellow boardie has offered to tackle a Droid version.

I installed the new version. I add a title, save, close the app, reopen the app and nothing is there. I think I must be missing something.

This is related to using an iOS older than 4.0 and is something I should have caught. If you're running 4.0 or higher, this problem should not occur. Nonetheless, it looks like another update is going to happen in the next few days.

Also, a fellow boardie has offered to tackle a Droid version.

Alright, I just released the Android version of Comic Hound. It currently does everything the iPhone version does with the exception of allowing you to reorder titles however you want (they're currently displayed alphabetically). That's something I'll work on adding when I have time. It also allows you to have negative issue numbers, which might be worth adding to the iPhone version.

Search for "Comic Hound" with the market app on your Android phone to find it. It looks best on Android 1.6 or later, but will function on Android 1.5.

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.comicfanboy.java.comic_hound&feature=search_result

Looks pretty cool. I might get one it comes out for the droid.

I think it would be good if it had a scan function, like the bar code readers. Scan the front cover of a book, it gives you issue info, GPA (if you're a subscriber). Then scan front and back cover with shot of spine and an interior page and it could grade the book per OS standards.

me too! for a buck, Im in!

so, questions:

I added three comics. why do I see the numbers 13 and 26 in grey a grey bar above the comic titles? it increases by 13 with each book I add to a comic title?

also, any way to add covers?

Its a grouping of the issue numbers.

I added Green Lantern 7 9 15 16 18

7 and 9 and above the 13

15 16 18 are below it

At least thats how I see it.

Anyway to import an already existing list into this app?

If not, no big deal. I like having it on my phone instead of pages and pages of old want lists.

me too! for a buck, Im in!

so, questions:

I added three comics. why do I see the numbers 13 and 26 in grey a grey bar above the comic titles? it increases by 13 with each book I add to a comic title?

also, any way to add covers?

The numbers in the grey bar are the section index titles. The numbers change based on the highest issue number in the list. They correspond to the index numbers down the right side of the screen.

Looks pretty cool. I might get one it comes out for the droid.

I think it would be good if it had a scan function, like the bar code readers. Scan the front cover of a book, it gives you issue info, GPA (if you're a subscriber). Then scan front and back cover with shot of spine and an interior page and it could grade the book per OS standards.

Krazy Kenny did a droid version:

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.comicfanboy.java.comic_hound&feature=search_result

I'd love to get a link to GPA info someday into the app, but right now it's beyond my Jedi powers and I have to much stuff going on in real life to make it a priority.

7 and 9 and above the 13

15 16 18 are below it

If not, no big deal. I like having it on my phone instead of pages and pages of old want lists.

ahhh maybe so. Ill add more to check it out.

but it'd be nice if the grey bay said Issue #s: _____ or something like a real heading since the grey bars are so prominent. but no problem. Its a nice app.

http://lyriacomicexchange.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=12087#12087'>http://lyriacomicexchange.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=12087#12087

I posted this over at Whetts board, http://lyriacomicexchange.com/phpBB/

Thanks for the plug. It's much appreciated. If you have the time or inclination, I'd also appreciate an app store review.

7 and 9 and above the 13

15 16 18 are below it

ahhh maybe so. Ill add more to check it out.

but it'd be nice if the grey bay said Issue #s: _____ or something like a real heading since the grey bars are so prominent. but no problem. Its a nice app.

I will take a look at improving the headings. Thanks for the suggestion.