• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who wants to see George Lucas masterpiece ''EPISODE 1'' in 3-D?

27 posts in this topic

Grodd knows I don't

drunk.gif

http://www.screened.com/news/today-in-groans-phantom-menace-3d-release-date-announced/1834/

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (March 3, 2011) – Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox announced today that the 3D theatrical launch of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace now has an official release date – February 10, 2012! Set against the thrilling and exotic backdrop of a “galaxy far, far away,” Star Wars is perfectly suited to the immersive 3D theatrical experience, and Episode I delivers some of the Saga’s most stunning and spectacular sequences – from the Naboo invasion to the Tatooine Podraces to the climactic lightsaber battle between Darth Maul and the Jedi. Supervised by Industrial Light & Magic, the meticulous conversion is being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for both technological considerations and artistic intentions.

Can't wait! This is going to be awesome. It'll be nice to see all the films on the big screen again.

I'm not a huge fan of 3-D but I do like SW on the big screen! :applause: It'll be the first time my kids get to see it in a theater too.

... the meticulous conversion is being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for ... artistic intentions.

[/i]

If only Episode One had been made with such respect for it's source material.

... the meticulous conversion is being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for ... artistic intentions.

[/i]

If only Episode One had been made with such respect for it's source material.

:applause:

Supervised by Industrial Light & Magic, the meticulous conversion is being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for both technological considerations and artistic intentions.

Someone respects it?

I'm sure they'll do a great job of the 3D conversion. I'll go see it just to experience the pod race in 3D. :popcorn:

I'm sure they'll do a great job of the 3D conversion. I'll go see it just to experience the pod race in 3D. :popcorn:

exactly - some of those scenes were meant specifically for the big screen + booming sound systems.

although Eps 1,2+3 were a slap in the face - i will go see it because im a SW dweeb...it's my lot in life :sorry: