• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restorative Date Stamp

77 posts in this topic

The fold and the crease are the same thing. They are one defect, not two.

Your right!! When it is folded you have 2 defects.(a Fold AND a CREASE) when you fold it back you only have 1.( CREASE) Definite Restoration!!! smirk.gif

Screw you resto hippie! You know jack about the subject!

Yes, good old Jack! Was at his restoration studio a couple of weeks ago and mentioned you. He pointed to a HUGE pile of BA DC Horror books and said - "Gotta love Greggy!"

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You are making less sense everyday oldman! 893censored-thumb.gif

Screw you resto hippie! You know jack about the subject!

Yes, good old Jack! Was at his restoration studio a couple of weeks ago and mentioned you. He pointed to a HUGE pile of BA DC Horror books and said - "Gotta love Greggy!"

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You are making less sense everyday oldman! 893censored-thumb.gif

Hmmmm - an interesting statement. Are you calling me an everyday (as in ordinary) oldman? (shouldn't it be "old man"?) or are you saying that every day I make less sense?

I don't know Greggy - you really need to work on your explicitness!

As it is I really do not know what you mean, exactly.

IF folds are creases and creases are folds why do we use 2 different words?? There must be some difference. I think most would agree a fold is worse to look at than a crease. Thus you have improved the book when yo straighten the book out and have only a crease.(The very definition of Restoration.) grin.gif

IF folds are creases and creases are folds why do we use 2 different words?? There must be some difference. I think most would agree a fold is worse to look at than a crease. Thus you have improved the book when yo straighten the book out and have only a crease.(The very definition of Restoration.) grin.gif

If all Sneezles are Snizzles and all Snizzles are Schlozzles, then fo' shizzle my drizzle!

Yes, you have improved the book when you straighten the fold out. But the crease remains and it is the crease that causes the fold. You can't have a fold without a crease, but you CAN have a crease without a fold.

And the very definition of restoration is not to "improve" a book. It is to return a book to its previous state. (Hell, if the definition of restoration is to "improve" a book we wouldn't be having this chat - all the restored books would be seen as improved!)

As I have said, just brushing off some surface dust is not restoration but it improves the book. Holding the book upside down to read it and then realizing your error and turning it right side up improves it!

If all Sneezles are Snizzles and all Snizzles are Schlozzles, then fo' shizzle my drizzle!

Sa da tay, my damee!

Sa da tay, my damee!

Dammit! Now I want to go watch that movie! grin.gif

<--- Wins. acclaim.gif
Your predecessor was much more interesting!

P.S. To POV - Blow me! grin.gif

I assure you, I have NO idea what you're talking about.

Screw you shill. Even you aren't that stoopid! foreheadslap.gif

<--- Wins. acclaim.gif
Your predecessor was much more interesting!

P.S. To POV - Blow me! grin.gif

Clark had a predessor?

PS - close your eyes and dream. ::eeeyyyeeewwwwwww::

:In my soup nazi voice: - "No more bronze DC horror for you" makepoint.gif

One parting shot, If you straighten the fold ,you have in effect returned it to its previous unfolded state,(only now with a crease, a lesser defect) Thats gotta be restoration, Right??? confused-smiley-013.gif