• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restorative Date Stamp

77 posts in this topic

Arghh. You stated that returning a book to its orginal state is restoration, You cant have it both ways, folding the corner back IS changing the appearance of the book. Oh by the way leaving the fold is more damaging, The longer it stays folded the less likely you will be able to fold back without the piece breaking off.( The fibers actually migrate away from the fold leaving the actual crease weaker)

Arghh. You stated that returning a book to its orginal state is restoration, You cant have it both ways, folding the corner back IS changing the appearance of the book. Oh by the way leaving the fold is more damaging, The longer it stays folded the less likely you will be able to fold back without the piece breaking off.( The fibers actually migrate away from the fold leaving the actual crease weaker)

Hey - I said that first so will answer dagnabbit.

1) Folding the corner back is indeed changing the appearance of the book. So isn't opening the book to read it. So is opening the book to read it and then closing it again restoration? Of course not.

2) You have to focus on WHAT makes that corner have a different position. It is the attendant crease that was put in the book that allowed the corner to fold over. Above and below that crease the quality and condition of the paper and inks have not changed.

3) The crease is what would have to be removed and such removal is restoration.

Ok , I'll just cut the corner off, There no restoration!! crazy.gif, But no cant do that , That would be Trimming(another PLOD) Damn Guess I'll just burn the thing and be done with it. crazy.gif

Why the extreme? Yes, you could cut the corner off. Probably would not be seen as restoration because what have you "restored"? Nothing - It would be better called - well - "elimination" - and we all know what THAT is! shocked.gif27_laughing.gifgrin.gif

Ok , I'll just cut the corner off, There no restoration!! crazy.gif, But no cant do that , That would be Trimming(another PLOD) Damn Guess I'll just burn the thing and be done with it. crazy.gif

Pov uses more words; thus, he is right, you are wrong. Thanks for playing.

I got three words for you, bubba!

Screw you hippie!

PS - hi.gif

Show me where I said that returning a book to its original state is restoration. If I said that, then it would be restoration when I closed the book after reading it.

Re-read what I said. REMOVAL OF DEFECTS is restoration.

Screw you hippie!

PS - hi.gif

893frustrated.gif I can't win with you people even when I'm agreeing with you! 893frustrated.gif

P.S.- I hate you!

P.P.S.- hi.gif

P.P.P.S.- flowerred.gif

Screw you hippie!

PS - hi.gif

893frustrated.gif I can't win with you people even when I'm agreeing with you! 893frustrated.gif

P.S.- I hate you!

P.P.S.- hi.gif

P.P.P.S.- flowerred.gif

sleeping.gif

Screw you hippie!

PS - hi.gif

P.S.- I hate you!

P.P.S.- hi.gif

P.P.P.S.- flowerred.gif

sleeping.gif

Why, it is Greggy's most intelligently insightful post to date! 893censored-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Screw you hippie!

PS - hi.gif

P.S.- I hate you!

P.P.S.- hi.gif

P.P.P.S.- flowerred.gif

sleeping.gif

Why, it is Greggy's most intelligently insightful post to date! 893censored-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Screw you resto hippie! You know jack about the subject! sign-rantpost.gif

Whe you fold it back it becomes a crease

Don't kid yourself - fold it back or not, the crease is already there.

PS - even though some of us disagree with some of what you are saying - hope you stick around. We need more voices, especially on the topic of restoration! Only through arguing and wrangling and otherwise revealing various aspects can such be fully revealed!

You know, I'll bet that if someone who didn't collect comics came in here and read this discussion, he would think that we were the biggest nerds in the world. I'm going to go do something cool to wash the geek off of me. Besides, you don't actually think we're going to convince each other that we're right, do you? hi.gif

EXACTLY, To me a FOLD is a definite defect, Whe you fold it back it becomes a crease(also a defect). But now you have another defect and to some peoples minds restoration. makepoint.gif

Screw you hippie!

PS - hi.gif

P.S.- I hate you!

P.P.S.- hi.gif

P.P.P.S.- flowerred.gif

sleeping.gif

Screw you resto hippie! You know jack about the subject! sign-rantpost.gif

Shouldn't you be performing a little "pressing" on one of your jointed Wonder Woman cut-outs? blush.gif

Screw you resto hippie! You know jack about the subject!

Yes, good old Jack! Was at his restoration studio a couple of weeks ago and mentioned you. He pointed to a HUGE pile of BA DC Horror books and said - "Gotta love Greggy!"

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Your right!! When it is folded you have 2 defects.(a Fold AND a CREASE) when you fold it back you only have 1.( CREASE) Definite Restoration!!! smirk.gif

OK - so is removing the CREASE restoration?

And you can't have a fold without a crease - they kind of go hand in hand.