• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You Do The Meth...

43 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'd be interested top see a list/inventory of the collection to see how good/sophisticated he was. I did the math and the collection comes out to a valuation of $25 per book.

My memory is the "IRS Collection" from 20 years ago turned out to be a bust because, although the perp stated he was trying to collect "every comic book ever printed," it was mostly Silver Age to present and the Golden/Silver books weren't high-grade.

And, according to this article, it was Harley Yee who first ID'd the IRS collection's potential fraud.

http://moocowcomics.blogspot.com/2005/03/irs-collection.html

"Although others who had viewed the collection came away unimpressed by its quality or the number of key books, RTS promised buyers that "each comic will be issued with a certificate of authenticity to validate it's pedigree and unique origin from this important part of comicdom history.""

I had one of these books from the IRS collection, an 8.0 Bats #232 with the certificate, but think I sold it. Crazy story. Looks like Harley got the guy pinched! :applause:

Bought a few books from that collection at the 1995 SDCC. Still got them - here's what the certificates look like:

IRSCert1272x784.jpg

that is so bada$$, i would love to get a book from that collection.

Now that is a piece of history lol.

"a pedigree that will live in infamy." Well, there is the IRS collection, soon the meth collection, I wonder what other infamous pedigree will come along to complete the trifecta. Perhaps the serial killer pedigree, or the mommy snatcher pedigree.

I hope they take away everything that low life has in exchange for a few

years in one of your awful prisons with a big horny cell mate for company.

Crystal Meth is sweeping across the States and we are seeing more and

more of it up here. :sick:

I'm sure you guys have seen some examples of pictures of people before

they started using Meth and they look like Hell only about four to six

months later. It's probably the most dangerous drug on our continent and

isn't going away soon with all the ingredients available legally. :(