• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA PBOD

29 posts in this topic

Thought I'd try posting a PBOD on the kindler and gentler GA boards. Just got this back from CGC. grin.gif To give credit where credit is due, I bought it raw from Metropolis a few years ago. For some reason, my wife actually noticed this one, maybe because it's not a superhero cover, and it was cool explaining to her why the book only has one staple because of the time period in which it was printed.

439975-wdc%26s%2041.jpg

589a8c04a3d79_439975-wdcs41.jpg.3f213cc475b3bb845ea1cd67294e0ab3.jpg

That's the highest grade WDC&S < 100 I've ever seen, certified or not cloud9.gif.

Would easily sell for $2,000+ on eBay if you were ever to be so inclined... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

---

On second thought, $3-4,000 is probably more accurate in this case - could

go even higher.

Pretty Book of the Day thumbsup2.gif

Phew - all I could think of was something like Purple Book Of Death! All this pressing and resto chat is getting to me. And again - that is one sweet book!

::edited because I said Boof insstead of Book - 893frustrated.gif ::

That's the highest grade WDC&S < 100 I've ever seen, certified or not cloud9.gif.

Would easily sell for $2,000+ on eBay if you were ever to be so inclined... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

---

go even higher.

Thanks hkp, I'll keep that in mind, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif, although I think the multiples that high grade Duck books have been realizing have been pretty poor lately, so I don't know if it could really achieve that price. Anyways, no plans to sell any of my Ducks anytime soon.

At the time, Metropolis showed me about 5 or 6 beautiful raw WDC&S's, all below 100. I cherry-picked the best 2, this one and a #85, which I'm waiting to get back from CGC too 893crossfingers-thumb.gif(I finally decided to submit both of these because I happened to be submitting some other comics that I planned to sell). I'm probably jinxing myself by even talking about it...

And thanks to everyone else for your kind comments! grin.gif

>> $3-4,000

>

> although I think the multiples that high grade Duck books have been realizing

> have been pretty poor lately, so I don't know if it could really achieve that price.

> Anyways, no plans to sell any of my Ducks anytime soon.

A book like this would be worth around $2,500 to me personally, but since it

(to my knowledge) is the highest graded CGC copy for the entire run up to

#100, I suspect some of the competition might go higher.

---

go even higher.

Thanks hkp, I'll keep that in mind, 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif, although I think the multiples that high grade Duck books have been realizing have been pretty poor lately, so I don't know if it could really achieve that price. Anyways, no plans to sell any of my Ducks anytime soon.

At the time, Metropolis showed me about 5 or 6 beautiful raw WDC&S's, all below 100. I cherry-picked the best 2, this one and a #85, which I'm waiting to get back from CGC too 893crossfingers-thumb.gif(I finally decided to submit both of these because I happened to be submitting some other comics that I planned to sell). I'm probably jinxing myself by even talking about it...

Glad you liked the books- good luck on the CGCing

Thought I'd try posting a PBOD on the kindler and gentler GA boards. Just got this back from CGC. grin.gif To give credit where credit is due, I bought it raw from Metropolis a few years ago. For some reason, my wife actually noticed this one, maybe because it's not a superhero cover, and it was cool explaining to her why the book only has one staple because of the time period in which it was printed.

439975-wdc%26s%2041.jpg

Wow great looking book! Congrats on the grade....!

---

go even higher.

Just got the WDC&S #85 back from CGC, and I'm happy to say that Steve B and Co agreed with my assessment!

482818-WDC%26S%2085.jpg

589a8c04a7a6f_482818-WDCS85.jpg.e69a416e9002ac0083314e1c3d72faa2.jpg