• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller wants to cancel my purchase

31 posts in this topic

Last night on Ebay I saw a Black Panther 25 CGC 9.8 SS with Turner signature along with a few other books. I thought it was a great opportunity for the SS book and I clicked the Buy It Now button. This morning I get a message from the seller that read:

nemes1s11 recently opened a cancel transaction case for an item you recently purchased: Amazing Spider-man #36 Civil War #4 Black P #25 CGC SS.

Reason for cancel transaction request: The seller sold the item to another buyer.

Seller comment: My apologies I never expected this but another buyer has purchased the one CGC comic. My humble apologies I will be canceling this Auction.

I am quite surprised and disappointed. :frustrated: I have not paid for it but was planning to pay for it today. What do people think I should do? The request for cancellation gives me the option to accept or decline the seller's request. I also have an Ebay "You won, please pay" email from last night.

The auction was only about 2 hours old when I did the BIN. I feel inclined to contest this and pay for the books. Would like to hear others' opinions: Should I decline the request and try to force the issue or should I let it go? Or, should I try to contact the seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=270715158074&si=yj61eESqpdHEo7%252FryGbS53pzmSc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3AIBM%3AUS%3A1123

Seller is a cheeky git. Either changed his mind or had it offered elsewhere at the same time. You're not going to get anything out of it though, so I'd just drop them a pointy (but not overly offensive) email and move on.

Irritating though.

I don't think there is anything you can do. He says the book was sold (he might have a store ).

Doesn't look like he sells much on eBay, could have been an honest error,I absolutely would not send payment, you'll just have to work at getting your money back if you do..

I once had a seller refuse a sale because he said there was a price error and there was nothing that could be done...I had paid immediately when I hit the bin andI lost the Paypal fees when he refunded

All that will happen if you refuse his request is you will cost him a few $$ for fees for your inconvenience...if you take the high road, and say "no problem" perhaps Karma will reward you:)

I'd drop it and find something better. :sorry:

If it was an Auction listing there should be no good reason one of the books sold, if it was a Fixed Price listing that had been up for awhile I could understand a book being sold and the listing not pulled.

I don't see a bid cancellation on this item.

In any event. This is the way Ebay works. You leave bad feedback and that is that.

I suppose you could negotiate forthe remaining books, stating that to preclude negative feedback from yourself. You would be willing to pay $42 bucks for the ramaining books (including the freebie book).

But I would just leave negative feedback and move on.

"perhaps Karma will reward you"

Ahhh. Someone else watches "My Name is Earl". :)

I love that show.

I've never seen it, lol...

Just figure that if you stay MAD, you'll just aggravate yourself and have a miserable day...so letting stuff go, (that you have NO control over) works better...

Not that I can always practice what I preach;) but I try;)

This scenario could happen very easily if he has a store or sets up a table at conventions. He sells a few books then forgets to remove them from ebay. Happens all the time.

That would be a bit of a push seeing as the listing was only two hours old.

"perhaps Karma will reward you"

Ahhh. Someone else watches "My Name is Earl". :)

I love that show.

I've never seen it, lol...

Just figure that if you stay MAD, you'll just aggravate yourself and have a miserable day...so letting stuff go, (that you have NO control over) works better...

Not that I can always practice what I preach;) but I try;)

(worship) you are such a good hearted person Sharon. You make me feel horrible about myself:lol:.

This scenario could happen very easily if he has a store or sets up a table at conventions. He sells a few books then forgets to remove them from ebay. Happens all the time.

That would be a bit of a push seeing as the listing was only two hours old.

That`s why I think he got cold feet, sounds like he sold it to someone else at a higher price or he realized that the Mike Turner book alone goes for that price and the other books he offered to sweeten the deal had more value as well.

Really unfortunately there is not much you can do.

:(

i agree, approach him in a kind way as he might not expect, you will have him well set up to allow him to reciprocate with kindness and get your other books at a reduced rate, be tactful ~ ofcourse if this gets you nowhere you can leave NEG

"This little one's not worth the effort."

I know that what the individual did was wrong, but their are some things to consider before you leave him some feedback. One, if you look at his feedback as a seller, you reach one quick conclusion, he's not a seller of comics, he's not a seller at all really. He's only sold 2 items over a 3 year period.

Cut the guy some slack, it's obvious that he's not in the business of selling stuff, he's a more of a buyer as 97% of his feedback is buyer feedback. Seriously, it looks like he got cold feet.

Do as Miss skypinkblu says and take the high road. Take the offer to cancel the sale.