• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Silver or Golden Age Gem Should I Build A War Chest For?

109 posts in this topic

Just sold my JIM #83 5.0. War chest complete! I'm going to do a post in WTB soon, but if anyone has any leads on books on my wish final list hit me up with a PM! I want to be very selective and get a long time keeper.

1) AF 15 and Hulk 1 (tie)

2) Showcase 4 (Still want this as The Flash was what got me into comics as a kid)

3) B&B 28 (Would like to upgrade my 1.8)

4) These are all tied:

TOS 39

Action Comics 23

All Star 8

Batman 11

Detective Comics 168, 225

Superman 14, 53, 76

Captain America 46

Blue Beetle 54

Why'd you sell the JIM #83? I would've held that book for a bit. Was it to finance purchase on one of the "want list" books above? I'd rather have that book over a Tec 225 or a low grade GA book.

If it's to finance the purchase of an AF#15, I'm all for that. What grade range are you looking for on the AF and Hulk books?

Sold it to build the war chest and was made an offer I couldn't refuse. AF #15 in the 3.0 to 3.5 range and the Hulk 4.5 to 5.0 (OW PQ or better).

Action Comics #23

Superman #53

dang, you guys are making me miss books that I use to have. :(

two books that are definitely just as cool on the inside as they are on the outside. (thumbs u

I would say RMA is on point with the Tec 168. A VERY VERY difficult book to fing in grade, and throw your OSPG in the garbage can. Amazing book, and wanted by ANY serious Bat collector. There is just so much that book has to offer IMO.

I also like the Showcase 4. It to me is one of the best SA keys to own, and for me personally would rank with Hulk 1 and FF1. Any one of those 3 are just seriously cool books to own. But the Showcase 4 doesnt get the love it used to.

I dont know if you are looking for monetary value, or the fun factor. That is a big part as well.

Ditto for me on the 'Tec 168 and Showcase 4. Two really great books!

I don't know if these have been mentioned, but I think there are a few sleeper books that could really explode.

Detective 359 (9.4-9.6)

Action Comics 23 ( new Superman movie coming)

FF 4 (lots of room for this book to grow)

FF 13 (just super hard in high grade)

Action 242

DD 1 (new movie reboot coming) -

But finding a copy of Tec 168 is brutal !!....While I agree 1000% with that choice, does the buyer want to wait that long ?....Since as a general rule, we are all about the instant gratification ! :devil:

Instant gratification please!

I don't know if these have been mentioned, but I think there are a few sleeper books that could really explode.

Detective 359 (9.4-9.6)

Action Comics 23 ( new Superman movie coming)

FF 4 (lots of room for this book to grow)

FF 13 (just super hard in high grade)

Action 242

DD 1 (new movie reboot coming) -

Great suggestions. I'm pretty well set on my final list unless something drops from the heavens I can't refuse.