• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Nolan & Ridley Scott for Blade Runner Sequel/Prequel !?!

32 posts in this topic

Blade Runner Prequel/Sequel Producers Want Chris Nolan And Ridley Scott

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/04/blade-runner-prequelsequel-producers-want-chris-nolan-and-ridley-scott/

Newsflash: I want a million dollars and a gold, crashproof jetpack. In other news, the producers of the Blade Runner prequel-sequel-spin-off movie(s) would like Chris Nolan to direct the film and, while they won’t say if they’ve spoken to Ridley Scott or not, they say that his approval is important.

This “bombshell” comes from i09‘s interview with Alcon’s Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson and Bud Yorkin. Admittedly, there’s a lot more than the obvious in their conversation, even if the big questions do all come with predictable answers.

Some examples.

On Ridley Scott:

We won’t say if we’ve reached out to Ridley Scott or not, but what we will say is that Ridley Scott’s blessing to what we’re doing is very important to Alcon. It’s important to Bud [Yorkin], and certainly we have the greatest degree of respect to him as a filmmaker.

On Christopher Nolan:

Our friend Chris Nolan who we did Insomnia [with] would be in the pie in the sky for us.

Ridley Scott is currently at work on an Alien prequel after years of teasing,* and I honestly think he’d be interested in at least exploring new directions for Blade Runner. Or maybe he’ll just try his original Alien prequel play, when he selected Carl Erik Rinsch for the director’s seat, and once again try to get the gig for one of his RSA protegees (and, if this does happen, I wouldn’t bet against Johnny Hardstaff).

*Scott is still teasing and telling us it isn’t an Alien prequel, but I think, really, that’s the only name for what he’s doing.

F'in Hollywood. Always trying to suck out every dollar they can. Just leave "well enough" alone.

The movie was great. Leave it alone. No sequel, no prequel. Just leave it be.

F'in Hollywood. Always trying to suck out every dollar they can. Just leave "well enough" alone.

The movie was great. Leave it alone. No sequel, no prequel. Just leave it be.

No doubt. I can't think of a movie I'd be less psyched to see turned into a franchise.

I thought Blade Runner sucked.

More interested in this Alien prequel.

They are Supposed to be making a 8 foot tall animatronic ''Space Jockey'' with H.R.GIGER overseeing the construction! :o

Take it with a grain of salt. Ridley's Alien Prequels transformed into something else...
I know of what you speak of, but Those same people are now saying different.

You have got to be kidding me. It is in a category all by itself in terms of great sci-fi movies. Anybody who knows anything about film will tell you that Blade Runner is a lyrical, metaphorical, beautifully directed piece of cinema.

I can not imagine how you formed that opinion unless you were born after 1985. That whole generation seems incapable of appreciating things before they were born.

You have got to be kidding me. It is in a category all by itself in terms of great sci-fi movies. Anybody who knows anything about film will tell you that Blade Runner is a lyrical, metaphorical, beautifully directed piece of cinema.

I can not imagine how you formed that opinion unless you were born after 1985. That whole generation seems incapable of appreciating things before they were born.

Hey! I was born in 1986 & I love Blade Runner. :sumo:

'Prometheus' Is Absolutely Connected To 'Alien,' Says Michael Fassbender

There's a lot of deserved excitement over "Prometheus," Ridley Scott's glorious return to the science fiction genre. But there's some confusion as well: what started out as an "Alien" prequel morphed into what Scott has described as an "original story." So, should we take that to mean there's no longer any connection between "Prometheus" and the "Alien" franchise?

No, we shouldn't. According to leading man Michael Fassbender, "Prometheus" is absolutely connected to "Alien."

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/02/11/prometheus-alien-michael-fassbender/

You are one of the few, sir. I work with a bunch of people between 20 and 26 years and anytime you mention a movie, TV show or even a book from before they were born, the response is always- meh "I don't watch a lot of old movies"

Blade Runner is awesome but they had better make sure they have a great screenplay on their hands before going forward. Otherwise, they might as well not make it.

I'd be more interested in something intellectual, ....visceral and poignant, like an Aliens Prequel :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'd be more interested in something intellectual, ....visceral and poignant, like an Aliens Prequel :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Wouldn't a prequel to ''ALIENS'' be ''ALIEN''?

I agree with the general consensus of this thread. Maybe we will be lucky and this will be of Aliens caliber and not of III or IV.

The Alien prequel might be interesting. What else is out there.

I remember the black and white alien comic book by Dark Horse, that was a killer book. Is it out in trade format? ( I realize I am a bit off topic, but having a few drinks)

You are one of the few, sir. I work with a bunch of people between 20 and 26 years and anytime you mention a movie, TV show or even a book from before they were born, the response is always- meh "I don't watch a lot of old movies"

Blade Runner is awesome but they had better make sure they have a great screenplay on their hands before going forward. Otherwise, they might as well not make it.

Well Said Sir!

Y'know, that's true. Most of my friends at work are about 10 years younger than I, somewhere around 27-30 years old. And they really do not know much about pop culture from before the mid 80s. It's pretty weird. I have always been interested in stuff that came out before I was born, like film noire movies, Star Trek TOS, SA comics, 60s music and earlier ... but that just doesn't seem to be the case with the generation immediately after mine. I wonder why that is...