• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Hierarchy - 7th to 9th

7th to 9th  

345 members have voted

1. 1. 7th to 9th

95 posts in this topic

All,

thanks for the continuing strong vote participation. At least 82 people participated in the previous round.

The list after the last round:

10th ASM #1

11th Avengers #1

12th Avengers #4

13th Daredevil #1

14th FF #5

15th FF #48

16th Adv #247

17th ST #110

18th ASM #14

19th FF#4

20th Flash #105

21st Sgt Fury #1

22nd TTA #27

23rd Action #252

24th Tec #225

25th OAAW #83

26th B&B #34

27th GL #1

28th JLA #1

29th ASM #3

30th Flash #123

31st ASM #50

This poll will hopefully determine the placings for 7th, 8th and 9th.

You have 3 votes accordingly.

Please vote off the 3 least important books

Im going by the book. Comics were a progression of innovation, so later books lose out to earlier trendsetters. The domino theory if you will.

Goodbye to Thor, Iron Man and XMen.

All these books are obviously important! But these creations came after the rest.

And its also a neat approach to NOT vote off those unpopular DCs!

Im going by the book. Comics were a progression of innovation, so later books lose out to earlier trendsetters. The domino theory if you will.

Goodbye to Thor, Iron Man and XMen.

All these books are obviously important! But these creations came after the rest.

And its also a neat approach to NOT vote off those unpopular DCs!

For me, its not a question of voting off "...those unpopular DCs!" I too and going by the book in responding to the OPs purpose of ranking the most important silver age books. As mentioned previously, GL is my favorite DC character, but he's not as important to me as the remaining Marvel books on the list so I voted off SC22 this round.

B&B 28 is a re-hash of the super-team book concept and does not feature anyone's first appearance. It is not important to me.

SC4 is also not as important as the remaining books on the list and that's why it got my vote to be chopped.

Now its tough:

JIM #83

Showcase #22

TOS #39

Same here. JIM 83 was the easiest choice. New movies notwithstanding, none of these characters have struck me as super important. Aside from the introduction of characters, is there anything significant about any of these issues that I'm unaware of?

Now its tough:

JIM #83

Showcase #22

TOS #39

Same.

Picking JIM #83 was tough for me, as I`ve always loved that book. But ultimately I decided it was the least important among the remaining books.

TOS 39 is the easiest- people are giving this character way more importance than he deserves (I understand the first movie was a hit)

You kept the first appearance of SA Green Lantern.

Iron Man or Green Lantern? It seems like a coin flip to me.

Remaining DC #1

Remaining DC #2

Remaining DC #3