• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman Returns Signed By Brandon Routh **SOLD**

12 posts in this topic

All right, I had relative success with my last sale and I'm feeling saucy and want to try again.

:take it: in the thread trumps all others. PayPal only. I strongly prefer U.S. bidders only, but if our friends across the border or across the pond feel the need, I'll try to work with you, but shipping is getting expensive and it will be slower as I'll have to go back and forth to the post office to get the exact amount.

Just one book this time, but it is a cool one! I think everybody knows the story on these, but just in case....

Brandon Routh put in appearance at Dragon Con (I think) and was charging a fair amount for his signature. Not a big deal, I thought it was a cool op and sent a book with some outstanding facilitators/CAWs/whatever the appropriate term is now. They weren't sure about getting my books done as the price wound up higher than expected. I gave the go ahead and when they got up to him, his handlers put a friggin' sticker on the book to "guarantee authenticity." So what looked like a 9.8 book is now an 8.0.

:doh:

This is definitely one of those "buy the book, not the grade" deals. It's a beautiful book with a fantastic and tough signature!

Long story short, I'm happy with the folks at CGC and the guys that did the work, the book is just sort of a bummer. I wound up with another Routh signed book (Dylan Dog) that's also signed by Mike Mignola. I could use some cash, so here we go!

$200 $175 shipped in the U.S. exact shipping elsewhere.....

I will gladly consider offers as well!

110025.jpg.99e5c7c233b04e5365d728c5078f3e69.jpg

I've taken some crazy stuff in the past!

(tsk)

I gotta ask this... wasn't there a CGC witness there who could've told them to not put the dang sticker on it... since the witness knew it was going to be graded and slabbed?

Or was that just a required part of getting Routh's sig? Just would like to think that they would have tried to stop the "sticker police"... :(

Still a great book with a great cover and hard to get sig.

The guys I worked with begged and pleaded not to get the sticker, but it was a package deal: no sticker, no sig.

:cry:

CGC's folks did a fantastic job as far as I'm concerned. It was just how things happened and it was beyond their control.

I was among the facilitators that got these books signed. No one knew that Celebrity Authentics was representing Routh at the show (no signs, not on the website, etc.) until they started stickering the books. They were asked to stop but CA insisted...just like CGC, they must work to protect their brand because once any doubt is cast on the authenticity of their signatures, the whole program goes out the window.

Routh is still a tough sig to get. Dragon Con last year was the only show in recent memory where he was signing for fans. I only know of one other appearance in the last few years and it was a panel setting, so getting an SS sig would have been tough.

I also own a Routh SS book "double authenticated" (I like that term) with the sticker on the book and I'm happy to have it in my collection. I'm thinking of adding a few sigs to it. I see that Matt Haley is listed on this slab. If I'm not mistaken, someone has set up a sketch opportunity with Mr. Haley in the signature room. Perhaps the new owner could figure out a way to get a signature and remark added to the book. hm

Great book, Doug! Good luck with the sale!

I was among the facilitators that got these books signed. No one knew that Celebrity Authentics was representing Routh at the show (no signs, not on the website, etc.) until they started stickering the books. They were asked to stop but CA insisted...just like CGC, they must work to protect their brand because once any doubt is cast on the authenticity of their signatures, the whole program goes out the window.

Thanks for speaking up, I couldn't recall who was at the show and did the leg work for me. :blush:

Old age sucks......

My pleasure, Doug! I'm glad someone a deal was worked out. It's a great-looking book!