• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever Pass Buying A Comic At Cover Price...

17 posts in this topic

Lessee...

Way back when:

Hulk 181

X-Men 94

Giant-Size X-Men 1

Amazing Spider-Man 129

Marvel Two-In-One 1

More recently:

The Hulk: The End

Ultimate Spider-Man 1 (White cover)

Legion Lost 1

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Let me know if you still need a gorgeous copy of Hulk: The End - last one I sold offline for $30 with shipping included...

Really ??? This book is worth something ??

Picked it up when it came out, read it once, bagged and boarded it and forgot about it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let me know if you still need a gorgeous copy of Hulk: The End - last one I sold offline for $30 with shipping included...

Thanks... not really interested in anything on that list for my personal collection (which is why I didn't pick them up), but if I'd have known I could have easily flipped them....

Thanks again,

Scott

Really ??? This book is worth something ??

Picked it up when it came out, read it once, bagged and boarded it and forgot about it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow, just checked ending prices for this book on Ebay. I'll be listing mine just as soon as my scanner bulb warms up......

I think that's why we speculate on comics today. We think, "If only I had bought 10 copies of Hulk 181 right off the shelf when it came out." I have 10 copies of Superman 203 arriving any day now - just in case.

But how long did it take Hulk 181 to get over $500? Do we think we'll hang on to Action 812 that long?

([EDIT]: No, I don't compare Action 812 and Superman 203 to Hulk 181, as the Superman titles don't (to my knowledge) introduce new characters, but are just first issues with their respective artists/writers.)

I honestly don't buy new comics with the idea of selling them later for a profit and I only buy one copy of each new book I get. I buy them to read. If (like in the case of Hulk The End) I can sell them later for profit then I have no problem doing that. Especially when I really didn't like the story (like Hulk The End) any way.

I played the speculator game years ago, but I'm just not into it now. This remindeds me of the movie called "Accidental Tourist". I guess in the case of Hulk The End I'm an "Accidental Speculator".

I remember seeing one copy of the USM nº1 white cover on the shelf and thinking...why should i buy it?! White background? Doesn't appeal me at all, 27_laughing.gif... tongue.gif

But did you saw many copies around your comicstores of this variant cover?!

I remember seeing one copy of the USM nº1 white cover on the shelf and thinking...why should i buy it?! White background? Doesn't appeal me at all, 27_laughing.gif... tongue.gif

But did you saw many copies around your comicstores of this variant cover?!

A few, maybe three. Wasn't really paying to much attention, thought it was just another gimmick from Marvel. Looked like another "try" at getting Spider-Man to what he was before he got married. First the clone, now this ultimate stuff...

I honestly don't buy new comics with the idea of selling them later for a profit and I only buy one copy of each new book I get. I buy them to read. If (like in the case of Hulk The End) I can sell them later for profit then I have no problem doing that. Especially when I really didn't like the story (like Hulk The End) any way.

I played the speculator game years ago, but I'm just not into it now. This remindeds me of the movie called "Accidental Tourist". I guess in the case of Hulk The End I'm an "Accidental Speculator".

Yep... that's the way I feel.

I (for some reason) generally don't like anything that ends up being a hot, flippable book so I don't even try. Get what you enjoy, I always say (tho' I would enjoy more money, I think).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

For every comic I regretted that I passed up buying at cover price, I have a long comic box of them that I bought at cover price and if I put them up on ebay in a big lot, I'd be lucky to get a nickel a book.

That said.. hmmm.. I remember when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles # 1 came out, I didn't buy it.. It still wouldn't have made up for all those others.

I did buy X-Men #94 and Giant Size #1 at cover price, brand new off the stands. And I beat them up like the average 9-year-old would. I was pretty unhappy with them. Where the heck is Iceman and Angel, and who's this Wolverine guy?

Charlie

I did buy X-Men #94 and Giant Size #1 at cover price, brand new off the stands. And I beat them up like the average 9-year-old would. I was pretty unhappy with them. Where the heck is Iceman and Angel, and who's this Wolverine guy?

Charlie

I did the same to my Fantastic Four #1 and bunch of others during the 60's.

Mom is overrated.

My father tells me he was a big fan of Superman and Green Lantern and had a large collection, but his Mom through out his comics when they moved from New York to New Jersey.. in about 1940.

Charlie

I did see an X-Men 94 at the store, an Amazing Spider-Man 298 and thought long and hard about buying 9 more copies (on top of the one I did buy) of Star Wars 107. Missed out on all 3. Well, at least I still have my Star Wars 107. grin.gif

I've also stopped speculating on new comics, primarily because you have to buy so much junk to get the one good one. Won't be making those mistakes again. So, I just buy what I like to read.