• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first submission

10 posts in this topic

My first submission at ECCC 2011.

Well, the ECCC 2011 is over. A lot happened at that show. First of all, I submitted my first ever CGC submission. This included 5 Signature Series, and one Universal which I submitted a bit later in the show. The comics I submitted were:

1. Archie's Love Showdown Special #1 (Dan Parent SS) Est. 9.6

2. Archie Meets the Punisher #1 (Batton Lash SS) Est. 9.4

3. Punisher Meets Archie #1 (Batton Lash SS) - Est 9.4

4. Daredevil #47 (Mexican Edition, Brubaker SS) - Est 9.6

5. Amazing Spider-Man #49 (Paquette SS) Est. 9.6

6. Bartman #1 - Est 9.6-9.8

I found the Love Showdown on eBay. You really don't see these very often. It came in a surprisingly nice 9.6 condition.

The Bartman, I found in a 50% off bin at the convention. It is a beautiful copy, with only the slightest of page raising on the bottom right corner. I asked the attendant of the CGC booth, and he told me it shouldn't really detract a heck of a lot from the grade. So, I subbed it.

I will write again once I have them in my hands. I can't wait!

See more journals by 091795

I also made my first submission at the ECCC - I've no idea what grades will turn out to be, but the books were:

Green Lantern #76 (G/VG range)

Tales to Astonish #9 (VG range, I hope)

Amazing Spider-Man #121 (F range)

Walking Dead #8 (looks NM to me)

Killing Joke first print (looks NM to me)

John Byrne's Next Men #21 (looks NM to me)

So, I wonder how they'll turn out - best of luck with your subs!

SREW

AND THE WORD IS IN!!!

I have the grade on the Bartman #1 (courtesy of Joeypost)!!! And it is.....

:news: 9.8 WHITE pages!!! :news:

I am so happy right now! This puts me at Rank 2 in the Bartman Registry set, which qualifies me for a certificate in the set.

Thanks you so much to Joeypost for making this happen, and the fine people at CGC. Will post a scan once the book is in hand (thumbs u

Okay, while I have since learned that I will not be receiving a certificate in the Bartman set, I have received word that the rest of my subs have been shipped back to me :whee: I will post grades soon. One thing I worry about is the label on the Punisher Meets Archie #1 - the attendant of the CGC booth filled it out as "Archie Meets the Punisher #1 - Die Cut Variant". This isn't accurate information, as the former is published by Marvel and "Archie Meets the Punisher #1" is published by Archie. I really hope they got that right :wishluck:

I'll post when the books arrive.

In situations like this, I'd suggest calling CGC instead of automatically assuming that they're going to fix this issue - it sucks having to send a book back for a label change right after you receive it.

In my most recent modern submission, one of the Buffy books I got signed by Eliza Dushku at C2E2 ended up being listed as an issue from the original Dark Horse series (and not Buffy S8) - when the book hit "scheduled for grading" and the label still hadn't been fixed, I called up CGC and got it corrected over the phone.

In situations like this, I'd suggest calling CGC instead of automatically assuming that they're going to fix this issue - it sucks having to send a book back for a label change right after you receive it.

In my most recent modern submission, one of the Buffy books I got signed by Eliza Dushku at C2E2 ended up being listed as an issue from the original Dark Horse series (and not Buffy S8) - when the book hit "scheduled for grading" and the label still hadn't been fixed, I called up CGC and got it corrected over the phone.

Too late. The books are on their way to him already.

Okay, while I have since learned that I will not be receiving a certificate in the Bartman set, I have received word that the rest of my subs have been shipped back to me :whee: I will post grades soon. One thing I worry about is the label on the Punisher Meets Archie #1 - the attendant of the CGC booth filled it out as "Archie Meets the Punisher #1 - Die Cut Variant". This isn't accurate information, as the former is published by Marvel and "Archie Meets the Punisher #1" is published by Archie. I really hope they got that right :wishluck:

I'll post when the books arrive.

Good Luck with the correction :wishluck: -Cool book :)