• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Microchamber Paper

12 posts in this topic

I only recently learned about microchamber paper and how it can prevent the degrading of comics. I was curious how many people were actually using it, and what their opinions are.

I also wanted to know if it does anything for comics that are already experiencing the signs of aging (yellow to brown pages and a bit of a brittle feel).

And if anyone has a recommendation of where to look for buying the stuff. I know I have heard warnings that some companies falsely sell stuff claiming to be or do the same as microchamber paper (example: BCW's comic extenders).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I was curious how many people were actually using it, and what their opinions are.

I doubt you will find any detractors here, since CGC uses it exclusively in all their slabs to protect every comic they grade. In that respect anyone with a graded comic is "using it". Additionally many collectors protect their raw comics with microchamber.

I also wanted to know if it does anything for comics that are already experiencing the signs of aging (yellow to brown pages and a bit of a brittle feel).

Microchamber paper will not reverse damage that has already occurred to your books (although it often absorbs odors). It prevents damage from:

1. acid (usually generated from within the comic book)

2. gaseous pollutants (indoor air pollution)

3. byproducts of deterioration (offgassing)

And if anyone has a recommendation of where to look for buying the stuff.
:hi:

Any assistance would be appreciated.

At the top of your screen there is a little flashing envelope. Click it ....

I had always been under the impression that they used it from day 1. hm

It had been around for 7-8 years when CGC was started.

Sounds like an "ask CGC" question

Anybody else with old labels and no microchamber paper?

Maybe they just forgot to put it in with this book?

When did CGC start including microchamber paper with slabbed books? I cracked an old label GA book out yesterday and it had none

Every book I've cracked out has had it.