• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LMAO I'm never buying MINT books from this guy

22 posts in this topic

Yes I think his description needs a bit of fine tuning - I would suggest first to make the auction 'private', and then to justify it with something like "to dissuade the type of thrill bidder that this type of auction invariably attracts" Then a very good trick would be to buy a CGC key 8.0 for example, take it out of its case, and sell it six months later as 9.2 - always eselling things at a higher grade six months after you bought them. Also give buyers a certain (say 30 day) time limit for refund, as we all know that these days only the grading gurus can distinguish between 8.0 and 9.2, so chances are, few will be returned - The few that are, he could refund the money, thus avoiding negative feedback (well perhaps he should make his feedback 'private' in case people leave positives which read things like "refund received quickly", etc) - I think the guy whose auction you pointed out is trying desperately to jump on someone else's bandwagon - just needs a bit more sophistication............

LMAO.......The Princess Bride.......I loved that movie.

Me too!

He's only MOSTLY dead!

Lair! Liar! LIARRRR!

Humperdink Humperdink Humperdink! Humper DIIIIIINK!!!!!

He's on the Brute Squad!

He IS the Brute Squad!

My way doesn't seem very sportsmanlike!

I'm not left-handed either.

Hello! My name is Inigo Mantoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Stop SAYING that!

Now if we only had a Holocaust Cloak!

...and you expect a little head jiggloe to make me happy...hmmmmm?

Mawwiage! Mawwiage is what bwings us togethah today! Mawwiage that blessed evENT! That dweam within a dweam!

As you wish.

But what about the ROUS's?

Never go up against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line! ahhhahahaaa. ahhhaaahhhh. Ahhahaaaa....::THUD::

And I thought "there are four of us! Including the lady. HellOOO Lady!

(ok - that's enough - must say Andre The Ginat was just PERFECT in that! lol)

Fer' Chris'sakes, you guys are NOT interpreting the What If #31 MINT auction correctly. Where's your reading comprehension? No wonder the hobby is in the state that it's presently in! "#31 MINT" !! What's not to understand? He means that the area that the #31 occupies on the cover is MINT! And from the looks of it, he's right. That number 31 looks pretty minty-fresh to me!! The rest of the cover looks Good/Vg, BUT, that number 31 is one of the nicest I've seen! It's just a matter of interpreting these auctions correctly. You were all confused. That's all!

BUT, that number 31 is one of the nicest I've seen! It's just a matter of interpreting these auctions correctly. You were all confused.

Consider ME chastised. Sheesh. I shall have to re-examine all the auctions I rejected this week. There may be some real #1 Gems!!!!!

Guys, Once again, I must play "devil's advocate". Please bear in mind that in the Overstreet Price Guide, the grading definitions for all the grades Poor to Mint all are within, quite literally, inches of one another, so in essence, he too, is technically correct! The definition of Fair and Good is only about 5 inches away from the definition of MINT so he's probably interpreting the proper fair/good grade definition for this comic as being in the vicinity of the grade definition for MINT, thus "near" Mint as the grade for this comic! grin.gif You just have to project yourself into the mind of the seller and the reasoning becomes quite logical in a completely illogical way!!! wink.gif

"You just have to project yourself into the mind of the seller and the reasoning becomes quite logical in a completely illogical way!!!"

you don't really believe that garbage do you?

these type of sellers are blatantly overgrading in order to make more $$$.

no amount of 'justification' using overstreet will gloss over that fact.