• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: A Warning To Forum & eBay Members About...

20 posts in this topic

Here's a warning to every forum & eBay member before ever thinking of buying from neatstuffcollectibles.

I won/purchased a CGC graded comic book using my brothers user ID: mcracks321 (eBay item: 2224327204/ X-Man #1 CGC 9.8 WHITE pages) from neatstuffcollectibles on 2/15/04. I E-mailed NSC the next day for an invoice # that was required/stated in the auctioned item's description in order to process the transaction without delays. I received the invoice E-mail from NSC and paid for the item right after. Seven days had past and I did not receive the package/item that I purchased so I E-mailed them to see what the hold up was. NSC E-mailed me with contact information which should be on every one of there auctions this way all buyers/bidders can decide before purchasing from this company stating their shipping time would take up to thirty days or more. At this time I learned that the owner of NSC was supposedly named Brian. I E-mailed NSC again at all the E-mail address's they provide buyers with (In their contact information) when there is a problem. I did not receive any response. I E-mailed them again on 2/26/04, but still did not receive any response. In between E-mailing them I made numerous phone calls to NSC's three lines:

1-800-373-8828

1-201-861-1414

1-800-903-7246

I tried contacting Brian leaving messages which included my personal cellular # on their answering machine for him to call me A.S.A.P. at anytime to discuss this issue. Up until now I still had not received any responses/answers as to where my item was at. pissed off, I decided I no longer wanted the item and went to my bank on 2/27/04 to file a fraudulent complaint. I also filed a fraudulent complaint with Paypal.

I called NSC soon after and left a voice message stating that I no longer wanted the item and I that filed a fraudulent complaint with Paypal. That afternoon I received an E-mail from Brian. It took for me to mention fraud for NSC to respond (which I strongly advise everyone to say when NSC does not respond). His E-mail stated that my item was being shipped that day. I called NSC after I received his E-mail to catch him their, and after all this time I finally got thru to him.

I asked him why NSC did not respond to my E-mails/messages, and asked him where my item was at? He gave me excuse after F--king excuse telling me that he never received any messages regarding this item. He also said that he E-mails clients the day their item is shipped, and sometimes AOL spam's NSC's E-mails, advising me to check my spam folder for NSC's E-mails. He couldn't come up with a better F--king excuse acting like I don't check my spam folder right after I check my mail. Neither one of the other two E-mails (invoice/contact info) NSC sent me were spammed. After all his F--king lie's he finally told me the same thing he E-mailed me with which was that my item would be shipping out that evening.

I received a package from NSC on 3/1/04. I opened the package and was F--king shocked when I saw a different comic book from the one that was originally pictured/purchased off eBay. I immediately called NSC to speak with Brian.

I told him that I received the package but that it wasn't the comic book I paid for. I was sent an X-Men #1 (BC #0069645023) book instead of X-Man #1. He said his shipping guys sent me the comic book that was listed on the eBay auction, and asked me if I read the auctions item description carefully to be sure that the X-Men #1 wasn't the item being sold. I told him I was sure that X-Men #1 was the incorrect item. I asked him if his shipping guys check to see if the item they ship is the same as the one that was purchased. He did not answer my question, changed the F--king subject, and asked me for the BC # off the comic book in question acting like I was the one lying about what I had received. Then without apologizing for NSC's F--king stupidity he asked me to send the comic book back to him, and said as soon as he received it he would verify that there was an error and would send me the right comic book. He also asked me to send it with a signed letter stating what the problem was for his records. I told him I didn't trust that, and asked him for NSC's address so I could go pick up the item myself. He told me NSC did not accept personal pick UP's, but gave me his personal E-mail address so I could contact him directly in the event any more problems occurred. Again, I told him I didn't trust NSC, Not responding to my E-mails or calls, and should have F--king known better than to deal with a company which has 140+ negative feedback's. He responded by repeating what he said before. Again, telling me if he had received any E-mails or phone calls concerning this item he would have responded immediately, also stating that he does have over 20,000 positive feedback's like I give a flying F--k about from happy customers and understand that he cannot please everyone. I told him I was not one of them, and told him that I have another eBay account which has 70+ positive feedback's, None of them being negative, And that when I sell on eBay I treat each and every one of my customers equally which he should learn and start doing. Further more, I told him since he is the owner, I would be sending the package and letter attentioned to him so he could receive it, and asked him if he had a problem with that? He said He had no problem with me ATT it to him, and as soon as he verifies that there was an error, he would have the correct item shipped back to me. I asked him to call me when he receive the package. He said he had no problem obliging. He gave me these two #'s (201-861-1414) & (800-373-8828) as his contact #'s. I told him I was mailing the package out Priority Mail (3/1/04... USPS Tracking #0304 7990 0004 1468 6827) and would be waiting for his call.

A few days later with no response from Brian which was not a surprise to me so I E-mailed NSC again on 3/5/04 to try to get an answer from someone else. The answering machine picked up this time so I E-mailed Brian and mentioned fraud. Brian then called me about 45 minutes later.

I asked him Why he didn't call me as specified on the letter I wrote him to do as soon as he received the package. He said he received the package yesterday (3/4/04), but didn't have a chance to call me until today (3/5/04) and that he tries to get back to everyone that E-mails and/or calls him. His excuse was that NSC sells about 5,000+ items a week and do tend to get very busy at times. Then he told me that the correct item was gonna be shipped to me no later than 3/8/04. I told him he was F--king lying about the day that he said he received the package because I tracked the package via USPS which shows its delivered date to be on 3/3/04, not 3/4/04. He told me he wasn't lying, and had the F--king nerve to say that the USPS was. he also said that there website is not always correct. They sometimes make mistakes to. He didn't get the package until 3/4/04. They must have made a mistake with their online information, and Had he received the package on 3/3/04 he would have told me so. He said there was no need for him to lie to me. I told him I seriously did not like the way things were going right now, and wanted to here it from his mouth that he as the owner would be personally guaranteeing me that I will be getting the right comic book by 3/8/04. I told him he should hire more personnel since It seems like he only has a few people running a 5,000 items a week trading company. Brian's response was that he could hire more people but then it will cost him more money thus would then have to pass the cost on to me the customer. I told him I didn't care if I had to pay extra as long as it meant getting my item quicker. He said that not everyone would feel the way I do and then changed the F--king subject again (Brian is speechless over the phone) giving me his word that my item will be here by 3/8/04. I told him to make sure it was gonna be the right comic book this time. He said yes... He was processing the paperwork as we were speaking.

I left it at that and decided after all the s--t NSC put me thru to wait a couple more days. I E-mailed Brian on 3/6/04 to get him to reimburse me for shipping the wrong item back to him. I received a call that afternoon from someone named Tony who claimed to work for NSC. I was to F--king upset to speak to anyone from NSC so I had my fiance speak to him.

Tony told her that he was just calling me to let me know that he had shipped my package out to me yesterday 3/5/04 but did not have a tracking # in front of him to give me. In their conversation my fiance explained to Tony of the error NSC made and that I wanted to get reimbursed the $5.20 it cost to ship the wrong item back. He gave my fiance this E-mail address (tonyanz@neatstuffcollectibles.com) and told her to E-mail him with a brief description of the error for their records and to rest assure that he would take care of it? My fiance E-mailed Tony with the information he requested. The E-mail sent to Tony was returned because the E-mail he gave my fiance did not exist. Aggravated with all of NSC's Bulls--t, My fiance E-mailed Brian stating the conversation between her and Tony, wanting to know why we were given a bad E-mail address from one of his employees? Do you think he responded? I finally received the correct item on 3/8/04. I E-mailed Brian for the last time on 3/10/04 thanking him for all the F--king S--t NSC put me thru, and that this was just the beginning. He responded to the E-mail I sent him on 3/6/04 having the F--king nerve to tell me I had to E-mail the appropriate parties in order to receive my refund. I mean dam... I thought he was the F--king owner? The last response I received from NSC was an E-mail from Tony on 3/10/04 stating that I would be getting reimbursed (3/22/04 is when I wrote this complaint and still no reimbursement check).

I received an E-mail from Paypal on 3/18/04 in response to my complaint which states that NSC provided them with shipping proof clearing NSC of any wrong doing. I was going to reply back to Paypal and request documentation of the proof they obtained from NSC stating when the item had been shipped since there was no delivery confirmation on the package I received 3/8/04 but am not going to wait another 20 days for them to tell my that they already conducted their investigation and that they are not allowed to release that information. NSC has 140+ negative/neutrul feedback from eBay buyers that have in some way suffered the same fate I have. You can clearly see NSC's pattern of using the USPS to commit fraud by lying to buyers claiming they have shipped their items and then claim that the USPS might have lost the package to cover up their lies of not sending anything so they can keep that buyers money. In almost all instances they tell buyers to E-mail them or call them if there is a problem but as you can see above it is all just a waist of F--king time.

NSC is conducting business very unprofessionally. They do what they want when they want and no one is doing a mother F--king thing about it. eBay and Paypal are letting NSC do whatever they want and don't care what NSC does as long as they are making their Percentage/Money off NSC's business. I advise everyone to look at the negative feedback I received from these A--holes claiming that since this account only has 4 feedback's that I am a new member who doesn't know better, I am also a fraud, liar, and scammer, and that everyone should block me from ever bidding on eBay. I have E-mailed eBay and explained the situation to them, I also asked that they remove the negative feedback NSC posted in the process. I have not received their response and again don't think they will ever do S--t about it. My intentions were to use my brothers user ID to buy and/or sell on eBay to build his reputation equivalent to my 100% positive account but now because of this one negative feedback the goals I had set for his account are F--ked up.

I have filed a fraud complaint with the Attorney Generals office, Internet Fraud Complaint Center, Better Business Bureau, and the U.S. Postal Inspections Service. This F--king company started S--t with the wrong person. Boycotting them is not enough! IM going to do everything I can to shut NSC down! Word UP! Now that all the above agencies have a complaint on NSC I would advise any forum/eBay member that has ever had a problem with these Mother F--kers and feels that NSC should be penalized and be made to compensate each and every buyer that was taken advantage of to please file a complaint/complaints too. The more the complaints... the better it is to shut NSC down. NSC needs to be investigated and stopped from committing fraud/misrepresentations, and lying.

bushwickprojects

Makes me feel glad that I didn't get those NM copies of Bronze Captain America that mysteriously got caught in a warehouse flood after I won them for a song...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I feel for you 893whatthe.gif, but to go through confused.gifall this BS for a $25.00 item

The money isn't the issue... IM trying to get all the people NSC screwed over to speak up and do something about them instead of just standing back while it keeps happening to unsuspecting buyers.

IM going to do everything I can to shut NSC down! Word UP!

You had me up to the "Word UP!" Then you lost me.

Seriously though... 145 negatives and 33893 possitives for a 99.1 rating. A little lower than other Ebay Power Sellers, but still highly desireable for regular retailers. Most store front sellers have less than a 95% satisfaction rating. If you work in the wireless industry like I do then you have an even lower rating. Of course Ebay and Paypal aren't going to do anything about it with that kind of rating (Not to mention the fact that Ebay Owns Paypal). I wouldn't expect anything out of BBB or anyone else either. We had a local phone carrier over here that had less than a 50% satisfaction rate for more than 2 years straight and they never did anything about them. They certainly won't do anything about a company with 145 complaints out of about 34000 transactions. Suck it up and move on. It's not worth the constant agony.

I feel for you 893whatthe.gif, but to go through confused.gifall this BS for a $25.00 item

The money isn't the issue... IM trying to get all the people NSC screwed over to speak up and do something about them instead of just standing back while it keeps happening to unsuspecting buyers.

Good luck on your quest brother thumbsup2.gif you'll need it!!!

To sum up:

You bought a book on 2/15/04.

You received the correct book on 3/8/04.

NSC owes you $5.20 for return shipping for the wrong item.

All this anger over $5.20? Which you still might get?

Relax, it's no big deal. Save your anger for the real eBay scam artists.

IM going to do everything I can to shut NSC down! Word UP!

You had me up to the "Word UP!" Then you lost me.

Seriously though... 145 negatives and 33893 possitives for a 99.1 rating. A little lower than other Ebay Power Sellers, but still highly desireable for regular retailers. Most store front sellers have less than a 95% satisfaction rating. If you work in the wireless industry like I do then you have an even lower rating. Of course Ebay and Paypal aren't going to do anything about it with that kind of rating (Not to mention the fact that Ebay Owns Paypal). I wouldn't expect anything out of BBB or anyone else either. We had a local phone carrier over here that had less than a 50% satisfaction rate for more than 2 years straight and they never did anything about them. They certainly won't do anything about a company with 145 complaints out of about 34000 transactions. Suck it up and move on. It's not worth the constant agony.

Thanks for your opinion...

To sum up:

Yes, In your opinion if you do sum it up like that then what you are saying is that NSC did absolutley nothing wrong? Did I make the right assumption? popcorn.gif

Well, their customer service needs some improvement, but when it comes right down to it, you received your item in a reasonable amount of time, considering they sent you the wrong item in the first place (these things happen). They owe you $5.20. Enough for a complaint, but not enough to get angry at.

They are the worst sometimes,as for being slow but have always come thru in the end! I dont ,even use them anymore because of this! They still are around so its interesting as to sometimes why? I left a neutral one of my few but felt I had to not that it mattered it was just simply the truth!

Davidking623

To sum up:

thanks for the cliff notes! thumbsup2.gif

I have nothing but praise for Neatstuff Collectibles. I've purchased quite a bit of stuff from them and never had any problem. I did once get a comic packaged together with mine that belonged to somebody else. I called, them and talked to them. I shipped the comic to the customer from them (they gave me the name and adress) and in return they gave me credit for the shipping + store credit which I was able to use to purchase another of their items. They have a tremendous amount of business and mistakes will happen. You just have to patiently work them out and realize that things could get worse before they get better. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have just one thing to say. Signature on delivery. I live in Canada and make sure that all the parcel I send out have a sign on delivery. This way I can't get screwed on someone claiming that they didn't get the parcel. All you do when they say this is so-and-so signed for it and it is there problem. It only costs like $2.00 and it saves a lot of headache. I feel for you on this one.

You walked in to a death trap. I viewed a few of their NM auctions and decided not to do business with them after viewing their feedback and of course I never received a response to my email.