• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iPad app for comics

11 posts in this topic

Probably been brought up before but I'm not a fan of the search feature. Any who, just wondering...do folks have a recommendation for a comic book app? Focus would be for reading, storage, etc. Golden age material primarily.

I've seen a number of different apps but wasn't sure which way to go. $5+ adds up real fast. Thx!

So do you download the app, then the app has access to a library of issues or is that a manual process? I'm sorta fuzzy on the relationship between the app and the actual titles - clearly. Is there a charge per title downloaded? (shrug)

I don't think any of the mentioned apps have the ability to download comics through the app. At least not public domain stuff.

Mobile apps generally come in two flavors - stuff like comixology that let you buy comics, mostly recent stuff, and apps that let you add your own books which could be public domain or less... legal types.

I don't think any of the mentioned apps have the ability to download comics through the app. At least not public domain stuff.

Mobile apps generally come in two flavors - stuff like comixology that let you buy comics, mostly recent stuff, and apps that let you add your own books which could be public domain or less... legal types.

seems like it would make natural sense to download via the app itself...even if you just "faked" your way through it. i'm sorting through this part of the equation now as well :)