• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Listing Day on EBay!

57 posts in this topic

Yeah, it looks like Cliffy done tapped Darth out. sorry.gif

Talk about showing your hand early......

Then again, maybe Darth's at the bank getting a loan? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah I'm refinancing the mortage...great time with all time low rates tongue.gif

But that's just for the new bby's benefit, not for comics 893naughty-thumb.gif

If he doesn't want to end up borrowing $10K he may want to consider staying out of unnecessary bidding wars when there's still six days left to go before the item closes.

Thanks. I'll consider that. But borrow $10k?

If I were him I'd even consider a trip to NYC just to make sure this is the genuine article....

What's in NYC? seller's in Canada...but if you mean go up to the Marvel Offices and go talk to Sal Brodsky...only through a medium tongue.gif

with all the fuss being made by your favorite people (brain dead speculators) God knows how high this book could go....

Why would these be MY favorite people? sumo.gif

You gotta admit though Darth, as comic book April Fools jokes go, that one wasn't a bad piece of work.

Got lots of replies on how it must have been so cool to talk to Brodsky and get all that inside info about the 25-cent variants. grin.gif

One of the best April Fool's Day jokes I've ever seen. JC, you put some real work into that one. You should be proud. 27_laughing.gif

Perhaps. If memory serves me, the Canadian dollar was actually stronger at the time (I could be wrong) and this reversed by the late 70's.

Yep, the CAD dollar was at par or better during that time, so it's not a currency issue. Plus, it says the comic was bought in NY, and I've never seen a book like that before.