• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Betty & Veronica #1 1950

17 posts in this topic

Hi All, the book has good gloss and looks nice. However, notice that at the bottom stable there is a hole. Also there is 1/4 inch tear about 2 inches from the bottom left corner on the bottom edge. Also, on the back cover there are about a dozen small tears on the top edge, only about 1/8 inch long each.

On the positive side, the gloss is good and the story pages look pretty great. I'm thinking somewhere in the vicinity of FINE-. I don't know how much that staple damage hurts the book.

th_BV1f.jpgth_BV1b.jpgth_BV1i.jpg

th_BV1sn.jpg

Lovely book! Is there some moisture staining lower left? I think I see some near the faces.

At first I was looking at the 2nd post and didn't see the back, I should avoid posting on days when we lose an hour;)

Good morning. I just looked under magnification and couldn't find any moisture staining.

At long last, the book came back from CGC and I am so happy with the 5.5 and the PQ of W/OW! One thing, I sent this book to Mike at Hero Restoration to press out the spine roll prior to submission. I'm sure that helped get the grade towards the high-end of what was possible given the book's defects.

BV1_55.jpg

Hurray indeed, I am glad I could get the most grade from this book. The main thing I was concerned about this book was the overhang from the spine roll as CGC won’t encapsulate a book if the overhang is too large. I worked out the spine roll so that the cover is aligned and it seems to have helped the grade in the process.