• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First journal and first CGC submission posted by mikelutes

4 posts in this topic

Chew, Army of Darkness, Blackest Night, and The Marvels Project

I just recently submitted 5 comics to CGC (they received them on March 10th):

Chew #1 (first print)

Army of Darkness: Ashes 2 Ashes #1 (Necronomicon variant)

Blackest Night #1 (Sketch cover)

Blackest Night #2 (Sketch cover)

The Marvels Project #1 (Sketch cover)

I personally would grade each comic at around 9.6 or better but I honestly feel I am pretty strict on my comics so I will be curious to see what these comics come back as. I am hoping for mostly 9.8s but we will see, I am still relatively new to the comic world. Also, just curious, I have been tracking the order status and it has been on received since the 10th of March, how long does it usually take for a Modern Tier comic to be updated to Verified or even Scheduled for Grading?

Also, I am considering submitting my series of Tank Girl comics from Dark Horse (1991), my issue is that for comics from 1991 I would say these comics are around 8.0-9.0 (being strict), would you say it is worth it to have them graded? Also, according to the Census, only one issue of Tank Girl #1 has even been graded (8.0 Signature Series), no other issues have been graded.

See more journals by mikelutes

Nice subs!

I don't know much about the Tank Girl series, but generally moderns are best for submitting only if they will grade 9.2+, and they often only sell well at 9.6. However, that particular series might be different. Honestly, it's up to you (thumbs u

Thank you, I am still new to all of this but have loved comics for some time and think I am pretty strict on my grading of them. I just looked again at my Tank Girl comics and honestly they may be pretty solid 9.0s in general, and considering that only the first one has been graded and only issue has been graded at an 8.0, I think I will probably get them graded, especially when you consider I don't even see the first set of Tank Girl comics on ebay almost never anymore so it seems to be a pretty rare set.